Kong Plus/ Power Up Rewards Pro problems page 5

181 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by SnackKing:

So what do i get from K+?

You can host your own private chat room and invite people to it, gain access to the two Kong+ only chat rooms, change your profile skin, no more ads on the site, priority response time for submitting feedback and such, and a few other things. You can click the “learn more” link in the page footer to see everything about it.

Flag Post

Well that is cool!! Im like what? did i win something? or was it the website mistake? well all was clear when i saw this forum. Thanks Kong and GameStop.

Flag Post

I just thought I’d post and let everyone know about the private room auto-invite script. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

Sounds like I should just become a PUR member. Instead of paying $30 a year, I could just pay $15. Only difference is the 50 kreds which aren’t really worth anything anyways.

Since PUR gets you more (K+ and PUR perks), is Kong thinking aboot reducing the cost of K+? It seems weird that gamestop thinks a K+ subscription isn’t worth what kong thinks its worth.

bump… or is the above wrong?

Flag Post

If you live in the US, it’d be better to buy PUR.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I just thought I’d post and let everyone know about the private room auto-invite script. :3

As long as you don’t run 25 other scripts on Kong and have something break, I still need to find out what’s going on with it for me.

As for the difference in price now depending on which you buy, the main point was to get some non-Kong members who were already PUR pro members to sign up on Kong to see what it was about, not necessarily to just make it cheaper for Americans, it just so happened that the PUR pro subscription was half the price. It seems to have worked, since I’ve seen a bunch of new faces around already.

They (GameStop and Kongregate) are also working on branching out a little more to get Kong+ integrated with some other things so that more people can benefit from it, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens there.

Flag Post

Significantly better. It seems unfair and unethical that Kongregate would allow anyone eligible for $14.99 PUR to buy K+ for $29.99. It also strikes me as unethical to charge $29.99 for K+ in any other region on the globe if the value of K+ is significantly undermined by PUR.

I’d really like someone from Kong Staff to chime in on this.

Flag Post

Significantly better. It seems unfair and unethical that Kongregate would allow anyone eligible for $14.99 PUR to buy K+ for $29.99. It also strikes me as unethical to charge $29.99 for K+ in any other region on the globe if the value of K+ is significantly undermined by PUR.

This is also to encourage PUR Pro members to join the site, and for people to sign up with PowerUp Rewards Pro. Those who receive K+ from PUR Pro do not receive 50 Kreds, either, so there is a slight price difference (it costs about $10 more to purchase K+ than it is to receive it from a $15/yr PUR Pro subscription.) It’s not our intention to be unfair to anyone – K+ just started off being $29.99, though maybe a prince change is in order. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

This is also to encourage PUR Pro members to join the site, and for people to sign up with PowerUp Rewards Pro. Those who receive K+ from PUR Pro do not receive 50 Kreds, either, so there is a slight price difference (it costs about $10 more to purchase K+ than it is to receive it from a $15/yr PUR Pro subscription.) It’s not our intention to be unfair to anyone – K+ just started off being $29.99, though maybe a prince change is in order. :)

Thanks for replying, Zshadow. I’d support that :)

Right now, the difference is $15 for 50 kreds. One could easily argue that PUR Pro includes K+, so K+ should be less than the price of PUR (ie: < $15).

I’ll suggest it would be fair if K+ without PUR Pro was $15 (with the 50 kreds).

Flag Post

its automatic when u sign on next to your name in the chat you will see k+ just make sure your account is linked to your pro account and your all set

Flag Post

So I have looked at the Kong plus thing and it says that we get a one time free 50 kreds for getting it so I am wondering why I haven’t gotten them? any information on this would be helpful

Flag Post
Originally posted by Monkey789:

So I have looked at the Kong plus thing and it says that we get a one time free 50 kreds for getting it so I am wondering why I haven’t gotten them? any information on this would be helpful

You won’t get the 50 Kreds because you got Kong+ from this offer; the Kreds are only for people who paid specifically for Kong+.

EDIT @below: No problem.

Flag Post

Thank you.

Flag Post

I bought Pro a few days ago and got the e-mail for it but I still haven’t gotten K+…

Flag Post

Have you linked your PUR account to Kongregate?

Flag Post

Have you linked your PUR account to Kongregate?

Yeah- I linked it a long time ago. Could it be because I already had it linked?

Flag Post

It’s possible. Definitely e-mail support@kongregate.com and they’ll figure it out for you.

Flag Post

just thought i would add, i too have had my pro account linked for awhile and i have not recieved K+ yet, admittedly i only got my notice 19 hours ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by neo14:

just thought i would add, i too have had my pro account linked for awhile and i have not recieved K+ yet, admittedly i only got my notice 19 hours ago.

It’s saying you are linked to a free PUR account.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stalcloud:

This actually pisses me off.
“A Pro membership is a paid membership for only $14.99”, which I already knew, because I’m a member. I never save jack shit with the card, but I do like the Game Informer magazine and having my account linked so I can earn the Power Up Rewards Points for BOTD. The thing is, I just paid $29.99 to renew my Kong+, so I feel like I’ve gotten fucked, paying for something that I would have gotten for free.

100% agree.

So basically Kongregate screwed over those who actually spent $60 dollars on the website. Almost like a bunch of cheap skates. I find it a load of crap that I spent $60 only to receive 100 Kreds. A whopping $8.75 and I could have bought that. I purchased Kong+ from the start not only to get rid of the ads cause they can be a pain but to kind of give back to Kong because I got a free what, 4 1/2 YEARS of epic badge and flash game playing? I think Kongregate ripped all those out of spending money on their website. 50 Kreds is a rip and I have been a Pro Rewards Member for over 3 years now. And purchased K+ right from the start.

All I get from being loyal to Kongregate is a whopping 100 Kreds. I liked being some of the only ones to have a K+ but now so many people have it, it’s crazy.

I understand that it’s just a promo to get people to join Kongregate. But, you also have to realize, you just fucked over loads of loyal people that actually paid for Kong+. A whopping 100 kreds isn’t worth it. If you gave us $15 worth of kreds, and the bonus kreds, for those who purchased K+, it might be. But still. I spent what, $59.98 for K+ and $45 for PUR Pro just to be fucked with only $8.75 worth of Kreds?

The only thing I actually got good out of this was about $600 saves at Gamestop, which does absolutely nothing for me on Kongregate.

But, like I said. Kongregate just fucked all of their true people because they haven’t done anything to compensate those charter members or anyone who purchased it right before the promo started. Thanks a lot dicks.

Maybe look into rewarding those who actually purchased K+ with PUR Points? Like 5000? Because 1 point is basically 1/10 of a penny on the rewards website. If Gamestop nor Kong do this, You guys just failed miserably. And don’t just do it for those who are just not doing it. Go into your system and fix it for all who have purchased it.

Flag Post

I didn’t purchase K+, but I could see how someone who did could get easily aggravated that someone else got it for a third of the price. By offering it with a connection to power up rewards, it makes me feel like Kongregate thinks the service is worth less than they’ve been charging the whole time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by burrito:

I didn’t purchase K+, but I could see how someone who did could get easily aggravated that someone else got it for a third of the price. By offering it with a connection to power up rewards, it makes me feel like Kongregate thinks the service is worth less than they’ve been charging the whole time.

Don’t get me wrong, what you’re saying makes sense. That’s not Kongregate’s intent, though. I do think they should refund the difference to any American customers from the last X timeframe. I was thinking 2 months.

Flag Post

2 Months is still bull crap. Just saying my two cents.

Flag Post

You can’t realistically expect retroactive discounts a year back. Businesses are generally not required to offer updated lower prices to past customers via partial refunds. Doing so is often a courtesy, and only extends to short periods of time. You apparently were perfectly happy with your purchase up until the point where the availability was raised and the cost to acquire was lowered, so it’s not like they gave you less service than you expected when you willingly paid for it at the higher cost.

Flag Post

Understood and I agree. They all can’t get the Charter member like I do. But, still. It’s still offered for $30 with no special benefits. True Kong Plus members should be given more. We are treated the exact same and it’s not fair. We don’t get quadruple points on the Badge of the Day things or anything. They need to change the price, or change the benefits if they are going to keep doing something like this. Or like you said. Refund those who purchased it and have recently purchased a Pro membership or already own one. I didn’t get the email until AFTER I renewed it. After I renewed both that is. Because I purchased K+, then a week later on my next check, got Pro again. It should have been sent to those who already have it to. Gamestop is also at fault for this.

And for Advocatus. The difference would be $30. That’s not right for Kongregate to pay that. Gamestop should have to fix it. Give Uber Bonus points, or easily send me a coupon for $30 instore credit. They would get their money back. But, at least I would be satisfied.