Kong Plus/ Power Up Rewards Pro problems page 7

179 posts

Flag Post

Zshadow is the only administrator that frequents this forum. Next time I see him online, I will point him in this direction.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DigimortalGod:

I also noticed you mentioned that I could simply get a refund on my product, (which you are correct, that would be silly), and in which case will save them from false advertising. However, having talked to Gamestop, there is no refund on a

To be fair there, I didn’t actually mention that to start, Thyrael did:

Originally posted by Thyrael:

Till Kong finally cares to change the (false) information, DigimortalGod has the right to demand those Kreds, and if they refuse to give them out, he has the right to step back from the deal. Which means, he can cancel his PowerupRewards Pro and demand his money back.

So you can ask him about that, I was simply assuming that if he brought it up there must be some truth to it, sorry about that.

I’m sorry that you feel so strongly about this, I guess I can’t quite sympathize because I’m not even eligible for a PUR pro account, since I’m not from the states, so it’d cost $30 for me and many others regardless (something which I think they’re also working on reducing, and allowing for non-Americans to get some sort of deal too, which should be interesting).

nor have I received an official response to this inquiry yet.

I actually do have a legitimate reason for why this is true. If you sent your email to them at any point from probably last Thursday up until today you would not have been likely to receive a response, since it usually takes 3-5 business days to respond, and they don’t do any of that stuff on the weekend.

EDIT: That’s 3-5 busy business days, it could very well take less, especially since you’re Kong+ now.

Flag Post

While that page does say 50 Kreds, it shouldn’t have. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Can you please forward us the e-mail you received to support@kongregate.com? We’ll get this straightened out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

While that page does say 50 Kreds, it shouldn’t have. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Can you please forward us the e-mail you received to support@kongregate.com? We’ll get this straightened out.

Thank you for your timely response and the e-mail has been forwarded on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

The fact of the matter is that they will not be giving these Kreds out to people, period. No matter how much debate happens, it will not end up happening, so I suggest we just drop the subject.

Well, looks like you were wrong once again, in the end Kong administration must have recognized that they didn’t have any other option than giving out the 50 Kreds.
Technically, only those that bought PUR Pro in the believe that they would get Kong+, including 50 Kreds for it, had the right to demand them. Those that bought it before it included Kong+ didn’t have that right, because they got everything they payed for, anything else would just have been a free bonus without any rights to demand it.
Needless to say that it’s impossible to figure out who bought it cause he thought he would get the Kreds and who bought it (before) without such a believe.

To be fair there, I didn’t actually mention that to start, Thyrael did:

Originally posted by Thyrael:

Till Kong finally cares to change the (false) information, DigimortalGod has the right to demand those Kreds, and if they refuse to give them out, he has the right to step back from the deal. Which means, he can cancel his PowerupRewards Pro and demand his money back.

So you can ask him about that, I was simply assuming that if he brought it up there must be some truth to it, sorry about that.

No worries, what I wrote is correct.

However, having talked to Gamestop, there is no refund on a PUR membership.

That was a false information from Gamestop. The trick is not giving up after such a conversation with an employee. Ask for his boss or somone from their legal department.
When I read your first post about the 50 Kreds issue 2 days ago, I emailed gamestop about it, since they are the ones selling PUR Pro with wrong promises. The first email response I got was just as useless as the answer you got. But mailing them again, quoting some paragraphs and asking for someone to manage that issue that actually is aware of said quoted legal issues worked out better. (Not trying at all to say these emails were the reason why Kong gave out the Kreds!)

Anyways, glad you brought the whole thing up, DigimortalGod, although I’m sure Kong and Gamestop didn’t intentionally disregard certain legal issues, it shows that it is worth fighting for your customer rights.
And without people like you that speak up, more companies would try to rip their customers off. And in contrast to Kong and gamestop, they’d do it on purpose if they knew they could get away with it.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Just looking for an update on whether there’s been any discussion of a price change on K+ given that the PUP has drastically undermined it’s price.

Flag Post

Ok so I have had a few issues. First of all I have had my PUR PRO membership linked since they first offered that service when Kong started working with Gamestop. I did receive the email stating I would get the Free Kong+ membership and Have yet to receive it. I see no way to activate it and I have read through the forum and seen some that said it automatically updated them to Kong+. I have been a Kongregate member for a very long time and do enjoy the site and the games. I would like to have the Kong+ membership and was going to buy one when I received the Message. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I did go ahead and try loading a game to see if I still received adds or not and I did. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Flag Post

You have to link your PUR to kong. It’s not done automatically.

Kong website > Account settings > Link Power-up Reward.

Flag Post

Just want to Say TY for the quick response. As of a few hours after post my Account was fixed.

Post from DemonOfMist You have to link your PUR to kong. It’s not done automatically.

Kong website > Account settings > Link Power-up Reward.

I have had my PUR Linked to Kong since Gamestop first started working with Kong. I did write that in my Prev Post.

Thank you Kongregate for fixing the issue so quickly! Much appreciated!

Flag Post

I don’t know if anyone will see this, but I have a problem and can’t find the answer. I got the message saying I can get Kong+ because I’m a PUR Pro member, but I still don’t have Kong+. And yes, my PUR account IS linked to my Kong account and has been since I got the PUR almost a year ago. And no, my PUR account isn’t expired. I hope someone actually reads this and answers =/ And I’ll apologize in advance if the solution was explained somewhere else and I missed or overlooked it. Thank you!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nitiliak:

I don’t know if anyone will see this, but I have a problem and can’t find the answer. I got the message saying I can get Kong+ because I’m a PUR Pro member, but I still don’t have Kong+. And yes, my PUR account IS linked to my Kong account and has been since I got the PUR almost a year ago. And no, my PUR account isn’t expired. I hope someone actually reads this and answers =/ And I’ll apologize in advance if the solution was explained somewhere else and I missed or overlooked it. Thank you!

Email support@kongregate.com and explain your situation.

Flag Post

Looks like you have it now.

Flag Post

Yep. Sent them a message and now I have it =) sorry for the pointless post. Thanks though!

Flag Post

For some reason my K+ stopped working today. It worked this morning but now it says I don’t have it. Not sure what changed in the last few hours to stop it from working?

Flag Post

You’re going to have to renew it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Travis001:

For some reason my K+ stopped working today. It worked this morning but now it says I don’t have it. Not sure what changed in the last few hours to stop it from working?

Did you have it from the PowerUp Rewards Pro promotion (I’m going to assume so since you came to this thread and not just a generic Kong+ one)? Make sure that you’re still linked and that your PUR pro membership didn’t expire.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Travis001:

Did you have it from the PowerUp Rewards Pro promotion (I’m going to assume so since you came to this thread and not just a generic Kong+ one)? Make sure that you’re still linked and that your PUR pro membership didn’t expire.

Thank you. I didnt think to check my membership. Turns out that was the problem it had expired. Going to go fix that now.

Flag Post

When you PUR expires, your Kong plus ends. My question is how long does it take for K+ to go back into effect when you renewyour PUR Pro?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kilzen:

When you PUR expires, your Kong plus ends. My question is how long does it take for K+ to go back into effect when you renewyour PUR Pro?

I think the system is automated. Make sure your account is linked. If it doesn’t show up in a couple of days you can email pur@kongregate.com

Flag Post

hi i renewed my gamestop card (PUR) a few days after it wasn’t renewed on time. it has been 2 days now and kong+ did not show up yet.
because i am one day early on questioning why it didn’t come back yet, i’ll ask a more reasonable question: how do i check if it is linked together? i just recently (just now) found a spot in preferences about gaming communities and added my username into there. that isn’t the same thing though i take it, so where do i verify or link the two if they aren’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by soul4hdwn:

how do i check if it is linked together?

Go to http://www.kongregate.com/poweruprewards … If it’s linked up it will tell you.

Flag Post

While this is bumped, any news on price changes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wuterman:

I just received an email from Kongregate stating that due to me being a Power Up Rewards Pro member I am now entitled to free Kong Plus… How would I redeem/activate this?

http://www.kongregate.com/premium_membership_redemptions

Flag Post

i was automaticly put into it idk if it is a bug or not