Where's my save file hiding?

9 posts

Flag Post

I just beat Newgrounds Rumble, and wanted to back up the save, but I cannot find it, it is not where it says it should be.

Flag Post

You’re using Chrome?

Flag Post

It’s probably one of those games that the developer decided to name oddly and not put in the default folder location, so it’s probably in the root folder somewhere if it’s not where it “should be.” I’m not sure of the name, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

You’re using Chrome?

Yes.

Flag Post

The file you are looking for is hiding in the folder kongregate.com, not chat.kongregate.com and has the name saveFile.sol

…\#SharedObjects\random_letters\kongregate.com\saveFile.sol

Flag Post

So how did you find that out, for future reference since lots of older games have obscure locations. Thank you :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by BadgeHuntersAnon:

So how did you find that out, for future reference since lots of older games have obscure locations.

I play the game and make sure it saves, then search my macromedia folder for files that have been changed within the last minutes.
If that doesn’t help, I take a look at the sourcecode of the game and check where the game saves.

If you are ever looking for a file and can’t find it, feel free to PM me.

Flag Post

Thanks, I never thought of that, I usually just search the source code for chat.k and go through that. Doesn’t work for these old games though.

Thank you :)

Flag Post

I am changing laptops and would like to move as many saves as poss, is there an easy way to do this or would I have to select each game save individually. I have basic pc understanding, but no code understanding.