download question

14 posts

Flag Post

when i download a game, what should i be doing? when i do it, i right lick the link and press save as, is that correct? also after that when i open the game on my desktop, a window pops up saying adobe flash player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. then it says the location of the .swf file for the game and says its trying to connect to www.ngads.com. then it says to let this application communicate with the internet, click settings. you must restart the application after changing your settings. and then i click setting and i dont know what to change. the game doesnt load and i dont now what to do

Flag Post

Which downloadable game are you talking about? ngads.com is for games on Newgrounds.

Flag Post

oh, epic battle fantasy 3

Flag Post

Where did you download the game?

Flag Post

thers a download button under every game on the site that links you to a .swf or external player
i.e http://external.kongregate-games.com/gamez/0010/8868/live/embeddable_108868.swf

Flag Post

Oh, I see. That link isn’t available for all games, so I wasn’t aware of it.

Can you take a screenshot of the settings screen?

Flag Post

oh it isnt, well ive seen it on a lot, by settings you mean the one that im asked to change by flash?

Flag Post

Yep

Flag Post

uhh i wasnt exactly sure how to put images on here so i just put them on google lol

https://plus.google.com/photos/102768351055537923019/albums/5835790169812408737

Flag Post

On the Playback menu, leave it at “Ask me” and click the Peer-assisted Networking Settings by Site… button. Check that list to see if anything is blocked. You may also want to check your computer’s security software (antivirus and firewall, for instance) to make sure your Flash player isn’t being restricted.

Flag Post

windows firewall is never on cause its broken ( idk) and my anti- virus has adobe flash as trusted and unrestricted.
on the flash player settings, nothing is blocked

Flag Post

Just looked it up and it’s a standard behavior with Flash with regards to local content. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Trusted Location Settings… button. Add the .swf to that list and try again.

Flag Post

oh ok thanks

Flag Post

oh hu it wont go past 14 % .. ehh whatever must be a limitation for the game or something the other one i downloaded works though so thank you

… lol nvm the file was just corrupt