Badge of the Day not registering

9 posts

Flag Post

I have the Black Gate badge already, but when I go to the game page, it doesn’t register for the badge of the day.

Flag Post

You still got the points.

Flag Post

As long as it gave me the points, I don’t really care, then.

Flag Post

didn’t get either, same for the previous day one :/

Flag Post

I did not get the points for the past two days. I want my Kreds please =P

Flag Post

You don’t get kreds. Neither of you earned the badge.

Flag Post

Alright, I’ve been having an escalating problem with badge of the day since yesterday. First the BOTD was the Synergic Spheres from Sola Rola. I earned both that badge and the hard badge. Thus I got 5 + 5 points for it being the BOTD.

Then later Kong has changed the badge to the Jackal hard badge from Vector Conflict: The Siege. I got the second med badge and the hard badge, but the hard badge didn’t award. I submitted a bug report with screenshot of the achievements page in-game showing that I in fact had earned the Jackal achievement.

Then I went to bed after staying up late to get the second BOTD. I woke up to find the situation halfway fixed, and halfway worsened. The hard badge from Vector Conflict had been earned, that’s great. The downside is that somehow my BOTD from Sola Rola has been changed from the 5 point easy BOTD to the Jackal hard BOTD from Vector Conflict, but still only counts as 5 points!

After trying to explain this weird phenomena, here’s my point: With 2 BOTD yesterday, and me getting both of them I would expect one of two solutions for this problem. First is that I can actually get my points for both the easy BOTD and the hard BOTD, totalling to 35 points. Second is if they really want to just erase the whole BOTD from Sola Rola, then that’s fine by me too since it’s probably what they’ll do for everyone and not just me. However if they change the easy BOTD to the hard BOTD, then I want my 30 extra points, not just the 5 from Sola Rola!

Sorry for the long rant, but there you have it. If anyone else got similar problems, please speak up so we can get this fixed for everyone ^^

Flag Post

Humbugmannen, the purpose of a badge of the day is that there’s only one of them, so you should only be able to earn one each day. It was changed since Sola Rola is a broken game now, and the vast majority of people on Kongregate don’t read the forums to see that there’s a solution to it, so it was changed at some point during the day to the Vector Siege badge. I agree that it probably should have been changed to another easy badge to keep the points amount the same, but there’s really nothing that can be done about it. It’s a small mount of points in the long run, and I’m sure it won’t happen again (they’ve been having a couple issues with broken games getting the badge of the day, but it’s not their fault that the games are becoming broken).

Flag Post

This happened to me for “The Legend of the Golden Robot”.

I see this when I go to the achievements tab:

Badge of the Day
Treasure Reclamation Badge
(15 points – 125,628 awarded)
15 bonus Kongregate Points

Uncover 30 treasures

You acquired this badge on Mar. 18, 2011.

But it doesn’t say “You got the extra points” or whatever and it doesn’t show in my profile.