WASD or Arrow Keys "stick" on moving games only on Kongregate - Problem solved, check the sticky! page 4

326 posts

Flag Post

I have the same problem and only on kongregate…
I found out while playing stickicide.. The helicopter would keep going to the side even when i let go.. i have to hit the same key several times for it to stop working.. This happens on all arrow key and asd games except scgmd2 and 3
is ti something to do with the website.. Maybe my flash player or just because my keyboard isn’t clean.
If the latter. how do i clean my keyboard out???

Flag Post

If you’re using IE, read this post

Flag Post

Just got a new Studio 17 laptop, I thought it was the keyboard and I did loads of stuff from other forums etc. which other people had a problem with the same laptop. I dowloaded a game but the keyboard worked fine with that. So i guess its only on kong.

Flag Post

i have a great laptop and good internet connection, it does this for all games on and off kongregate, aprt frm a few games and not at all on cd games???? i think it is just a mess up in games on some ppl’s computers

Flag Post

i need help to like on stick arena balllistics my wasd keys move themselves

Flag Post

bbinerat or whatever thanks its assured you helped most of us, but does anyone have a way that doesnt effect security risks?Cause I wanna go on other sites with more assurance that I have a less of a chance to get a trojan or a virus.

Flag Post

I had this same problem, my keys stuck on flash games when i pressed more then 2 at once or pressed them rapidly. I had a laptop running on xp which never had the problem till I upgraded (or downgraded, I guess) to vista. I changed my browser to Google chrome and never had the problem again. I suggest finding another browser if you want to play the affected games.

Flag Post

Strange, Same problum, I tried to play Multitaske and the dang bar kep moving to one side and staying there, messing me up!

Flag Post

I had this problem for a few days now. I came upon this thread, and tried the protected mode fix, and I got multitask to work perfectly. However i didn’t like the lowered security. I turned protected mode back on, and tried playing multitask again, and, no surprise there, my keys stuck. However, when i tried to run my browser (IE8) as administrator (right click on quicklaunch button – run as administrator), even when you go to the security tab and check the “protected mode” and restart the browser, you can play games without the keys sticking. However, by merely running IE8 as an admin, i get the “protected mode: off” status on the bottom, even when i checked that it was on in the Security tab. I also get no security warning (yellow bar on top). You might prefer running your browser as an admin rather than reducing your browser’s security for a few games. It’s not worth it.

Comp specs:
PC Vista Ultimate 32-bit
4GB RAM (~3GB actual)
Quad-core 3GHz
2 Nvidia 8800GT (SLi) GPUs (not required for flash)

I found that even the slightest lag in game, either from particles, animations, or processing, the keys would stick. This glitch is most prominent in B29 Assault. Hopefully my info helped.

Flag Post
Originally posted by amtie:

I had this problem for a few days now. I came upon this thread, and tried the protected mode fix, and I got multitask to work perfectly. However i didn’t like the lowered security. I turned protected mode back on, and tried playing multitask again, and, no surprise there, my keys stuck. However, when i tried to run my browser (IE8) as administrator (right click on quicklaunch button – run as administrator), even when you go to the security tab and check the “protected mode” and restart the browser, you can play games without the keys sticking. However, by merely running IE8 as an admin, i get the “protected mode: off” status on the bottom, even when i checked that it was on in the Security tab. I also get no security warning (yellow bar on top). You might prefer running your browser as an admin rather than reducing your browser’s security for a few games. It’s not worth it.

Comp specs:
PC Vista Ultimate 32-bit
4GB RAM (~3GB actual)
Quad-core 3GHz
2 Nvidia 8800GT (SLi) GPUs (not required for flash)

I found that even the slightest lag in game, either from particles, animations, or processing, the keys would stick. This glitch is most prominent in B29 Assault. Hopefully my info helped.

thank you, no more sticking here

Flag Post

I have found a solution!!!! use firefox and it fixes it i tryed it on thing thing 4 and it works :D

Flag Post

hey chemicalpandaa was right try using google chrome i got vista i tryed it works fine liek new hope it helps

Flag Post

it must be IE8 i never had this problem until we installed IE8

Flag Post

i have the same problem as eircman, and it really limits my gaming on your sight. i would like to know if you can fix that.

Flag Post

Did any of you try bbiernat’s workaround?

GREAT FIX! Worked immediately! Thanks for the help buddy ;)

Flag Post

Wow, i had the same problem with ALL of the games i played…including shockwave. Well, not all because enigmata worked perfectly fine and some other mmorpg i was playing also had a sticky arrow keys. However, reading through the post’s here, i was able to find a solution that i am attempting to use right now, so thanks to whoever gives out suggestions.

Flag Post

Gah!!! Still not working even with bbiernat’s workaround >.<. Computer is a dell inspiron 1525 duo core windows vista 32 using all 3, mozilla, Chrome and IE8 doesnt work. Any suggestions? i used administrayor with server unchecked and the secure unchecked but its still the same thing. Dunno, it seems really odd…I could really use some suggestions. Thanks

Flag Post

The bug reported in this thread applies only to IE8. I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with Firefox or Chrome like you are. Are you certain the keys are sticking and it’s not just some lag or something on your end?

Also, can’t hurt to try removing and re-installing the Flash player in case it’s gotten bugged.

Flag Post

hey, ive tried mozilla firefox AND chrome in addition to this. I have a good laptop about 10 months old. I tried it on another laptop, about the same age, except it was Vista 64. same problem on mozilla, chrome and IE8. I even tried it on my desktop which is like a billion years old (windows xp dimension 4600, 512 megs of ram) and i still got the problem on IE7. Very odd…i tried the workarounds here but none of them have worked…Dont ask about how i have 3 computers ;). Any suggestions will be great. Ill try reinstalling my flash player. Wish me luck.

Flag Post

updated flash player…no dice. Sigh*, i think its a windows problem. And im almost 100 percent sure it isnt lag because i have fios…and networking is at 5 bars. Any suggestions? This problem is getting irritating.

Flag Post

Did you just update the Flash Player, or did you remove it with Adobe’s Removal Tool first, and then reinstalled the latest version afterwards? If you just updated it, you might want to give removing it completely a try.

Flag Post

Hunter – this is definitely a different problem if it’s that broad. I hate to ask a silly question, but did you spill some Coke or something into your keyboard? Though I guess if it’s on two laptops that’s less likely.

First do try Ventero’s suggestion – that helps quite a few people.

I don’t know much about fios, but I wouldn’t think an ISP would cause lag/sticking since the games are fully-loaded. Can you name a specific game that you consistently have the problem on? We could try loading the game without chat to see if you still have the issues.

Flag Post

I have the exact same problem and I have vista I certainly think that is what it is

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sylar49:

I have the exact same problem and I have vista I certainly think that is what it is

I have both 32- and 64- bit Vista, and I don’t have the problem. So it’s not an issue caused solely by vista.

Flag Post

thank you so much bbiertnat, finally a fix!!!… i love u man