Adobe Flash Player message problem

31 posts

Flag Post

In IE the Triple Yahtzz game page keeps telling me “To play games on Kongregate, you must have Javascript enabled and be using a current version of Adobe’s Flash Player.” I have done that ~ twice, refreshed, restarted and the game still will not load. What shall I do?

Flag Post

Which version of IE are you using? Is it fully up to date?

Flag Post

Using IE9

Flag Post

Does it do this from other web browsers besides IE9?

Flag Post

no. it works in firefox

Flag Post

Sounds like it could be an IE9 problem then. Not entirely sure why Adobe/Java isn’t working on it, but I would recommend using Firefox for gaming.

Flag Post

doesnt work in chrome or chrome based browers and its pissing me off .

Flag Post

Had the same problem just now, every page said the flash plugin is missing, and i thought, wtf? Everything worked just until now. And then i went to chrome://plugins and it turned out that the plugin was really missing somehow. Well, there were two plugins: pepperflash, which was disabled in the very beginning, and also normal flash, which has gone somehow. So i redownloaded it from adobe site and now everything works. Dunno what to think.

Flag Post

I have re-downloaded Adobe Flash twice and still get the error message instead of the game. The version associated with the Adobe download button on this site is an older version. I downloaded the newest version and still nothing. Guess I’ll stay with Firefox.

Flag Post

it keeps happening to me, i mean you guys are saying use fire fox but i am already using it and deh error keeps poping out like from no where.. help D;

Flag Post

Same here, my javascript is enabled, you can enable javascript by searching about:config in the search bar above. I have downloaded Adobe’s flash player, the latest version… And I am using firefox, yet the error keeps popping up.

Flag Post

Both javascript and flash-tests are executed locally on your computer, which means it’s your computer that thinks while you’re on kong that you either don’t have one or the other installed or enabled. I’d check if you actually have both enabled specifically for the kong website. Having something installed and having it enabled are two different things. Another thing you could check are your extensions and if they might be blocking something that’s required on kong.

Flag Post

The OP (who was using IE9) posted over 2 years ago. I don’t think that user needs help anymore. This thread was recently bumped by Strategist69. He is using Firefox (not IE).

Tetsuo_Shima has some good suggestions (like disabling any and all extensions except Flash). If Strategist69 can post a screen shot showing the error (make sure to be scrolled all the way up so that we can see the profile bar, and have the browser window large enough to see below the game area) there is sometimes a clue there that can explain why you are getting the message. Make sure you disable those extensions first.

-Pip

Flag Post

Getting the same problem in Chrome as of this evening. It was working fine this afternoon, and to my knowledge nothing changed on my end since then. Flash Player was already up to date, but reinstalled it and disabled other plugins just to be sure — no dice.

It goes away if I re-enable Pepper Flash, but that has the downsides of 1) being an unusable laggy mess and 2) not retaining my save files.

Other Flash sites like Youtube and Newgrounds work fine.

Flag Post

Same here. Flash error, started today, Chrome, other flash sites work fine.

Flag Post

Did you two try the things that Tetsuo_Shima and i suggested?

-Pip

Flag Post

In case of Pykrete: if you are not using ‘pepper flash’ (which operates on the new and improved PPAPI and is integrated by default in chrome), that means you’re using the old NPAPI flash. NPAPI has been blocked by default by chromium, in 6 months support will be completely removed. You can temporarily re-enable it by following these instructions. In the mean while, you may want to consider finding alternatives (such as different browser/use PPAPI anyway even though for some reason you dislike it/copy your flash saves to the desired location/…) so you have an option to continue enjoying your preferred games come october.

As a side note, if you’re using chrome, you won’t be using flash on youtube, they’ve long since converted everything to html5 for supporting browsers. I have no explanation why npapi flash on newgrounds would work, in theory it shouldn’t either.

Flag Post

That’s what I needed, thanks.

I take issue with PPAPI being “new and improved”. I sympathize with the code complexity issues they’ve been citing, but Pepper is such a disastrous performance hit that I can’t use it (just to see if it was as bad as I remembered, I opened an idle game and it immediately tanked to 4 fps before anything even happened). If I can’t force NPAPI through similar means after October I’ll have to move to MemoryLeakFox if I want to play much of anything at all. :(

Flag Post

It seems that I am unable to copy and paste a screenshot on this … I haven’t been up to date on kongregate anymore (I kinda gave up on it entirely) Still have the same message, " Your version of Adobe Flash is no longer supported by Kongregate. Please upgrade to the latest version to continue your gaming experience."
Flash player is enabled, same with javascript. Too bad armor games doesn’t have TU. Everything works fine with all other gaming sites.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nuclearmedal:

It seems that I am unable to copy and paste a screenshot on this … I haven’t been up to date on kongregate anymore (I kinda gave up on it entirely) Still have the same message, " Your version of Adobe Flash is no longer supported by Kongregate. Please upgrade to the latest version to continue your gaming experience."
Flash player is enabled, same with javascript. Too bad armor games doesn’t have TU. Everything works fine with all other gaming sites.

Pro Tips:

1. Don’t bump old and unrelated threads to ask for help on your issue. Just start a new thread.
  2. Your browser seems to think that Flash is not running properly. I would try to disable any and all extensions/add-ons/plugins (you can obviously leave flash running). Quickest way to do this is to open a private/incognito window.
  3. If that doesn’t work, then reinstall Flash and then your browser (uninstall if possible beforehand).
  4. If that doesn’t work, then use a different browser.
  5. If that doesn’t work, then you might consider scanning for malware (spybot and Malwarebytes are free options for scans).

If none of the above works, you need to post a screen shot. Make sure to make sure you are scrolled all the way up so that the profile bar is visible. Also make sure the window is large enough to show below the game area.

-Pip

Flag Post

Have similar trouble, but latest flashplayer version availaible nearly same (last value changed, three previous same). Got this after browsers’s death with last possible flashplayer, thus rollback. Does this means I have to leave kongregate due to stopped development of flashplayer for my OS?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ankser:

Have similar trouble, but latest flashplayer version availaible nearly same (last value changed, three previous same). Got this after browsers’s death with last possible flashplayer, thus rollback. Does this means I have to leave kongregate due to stopped development of flashplayer for my OS?

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the above posts?

-Pip

Flag Post

The lates possible version at adobe.com – 11.2.202.460; currently used 11.2.202.378 – it this difference enough? Well, I can understand when really old Firefox 3.6 works incorrect sometimes, but I see same trouble using Chromium with no other plugins. Seamonkey still works, but looks like it’ll stop too after relaunch…

Flag Post
Originally posted by ankser:

The lates possible version at adobe.com – 11.2.202.460; currently used 11.2.202.378 – it this difference enough? Well, I can understand when really old Firefox 3.6 works incorrect sometimes, but I see same trouble using Chromium with no other plugins. Seamonkey still works, but looks like it’ll stop too after relaunch…

Originally posted by TheRealPip:

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the above posts?

-Pip

Flag Post

Again: flashplayer plugin was installed newest – most used browser crushed, thus rollback; another browser with no plugins at all has same trouble; malware can’t be in effect if trouble with kong, not browser or flash! And check again version I can use – it’s 11.2. All script-blockers and plugins I have weren’t trouble just week ago, and nothing changed except this terrible message “get last flashplayer”. Direct question – can I keep playing at kong with flashplayer 11.2?