Recommended Games

10 posts

Flag Post

Until yesterday I thought it was meant to only recommend games that I haven’t already played/rated (I normally rate everything I play, so I don’t know which of those two). But now my recommended games section is full of games I have played + rated (and got badges if they have some).
That’s really annoying because I tended to use that section to find new games that I might like – which was it’s purpose, right?

Is it just me with this problem, is it meant to be that way or… I don’t know. Just thought I’d post it here because I think it’s strange.

Flag Post

I’m seeing familiar games as well, so it’s meant not to discriminate between played games and new ones. With the amount of games on the website, the system probably assumes you might forget some games you’ve played in the past and would like to play them again.

Flag Post

Until yesterday it was doing what you’d expect. But then it apparently reset and filled with old games I’ve played already. Hope it’ll fix itself, I don’t want to go to 500+ game pages to rerate just to remind the system, or press that tiny little x in the top right 500+ times (especially since that doesn’t always work.)

Flag Post

For the longest time, it’s only suggested games to me that are under a week old, and now I’m also seeing only older games. I don’t think this is how it should work (if so, my understanding of it has been completely wrong since it was introduced, could have sworn it was meant to only show unrated games), so I’m also eager to hear about why this just started up.

Flag Post

I’ve noticed that at times the “Try this if you’re looking for a new challenge!” after getting a badge will recommend a badge I already have and recommended games might point to something I’ve played. I’m not sure what causes it, if the algorithm takes a day off occasionally, or what.

Flag Post

same here!
Is there no answer to this?

Flag Post

Doesn’t seem like it..
Some info from official Kong staff on how it was meant to be would be really appreciated

Flag Post

Our team is looking into this. Thanks!

Flag Post

I’ve been wondering about the game recommendations on the homepage for a while now, though i can’t say whether the issue the others in this thread have applies to me too. The recommendations don’t seem to work too well for me in general, maybe because i don’t rate a lot of games. The games i do rate give me some weird recommendations though. Right now i get recommended all my games based on my high rating of the game “Akaneiro”. None of them have anything in common with it(there’s a lot of tower defense and defense games in there). Before that i got recommended pretty much the same games based on another game rating(i think it was enchanted cave or something) which also didn’t really have any similarities to any of them. I don’t know what the mechanics are for choosing the game recommendations, but for me they are pretty much useless.

Flag Post

It seems to be back to normal for me, no games in the recommended section that I have already rated atm.
Was it fixed or is it a case of “fixed itself”?