Search broken?

11 posts

Flag Post

Search keeps returning no results for me no matter what i search for or what i check

Flag Post

The search has been completely messed up for some time now if im not mistaken.

Flag Post

bump*
yeah i would like a search, because when someone mentions a game in the comments section and i want see that game, i cant find it

Flag Post

Yeah, it is completely busted. We’re going to fix this. In the mean time, if you just Google the game title or whatever and include the word “kongregate” it usually comes up. Super lame, I know.

Flag Post

Well, if that’s the case, I’m fine (thanks to google toolbar) but I was wondering about the search bar… sometimes it comes up with only some results, sometimes with none, and sometimes with completely unrelated searches!

Glad to hear it’ll be fixed, tho. :)

Flag Post

Im surprised you even got results. I cant manage to do that.

Flag Post

http://extremepopcorn.bryansoft.com/search/

Fixes that. My friend made it.

Flag Post

You can also use the Kongregate Google script made by Dazzer. :) It works. Too.

Flag Post

Thanks for pointing me here arcane. What I don’t understand is why, if this problem has existed this long, is the search available? Although it might provide some results depending on the search, it seems like the confusion caused would far outweigh any benefits at this time.

Seems like the more approriate thing would be to just remove the search bar, or at least put a notice under it ??

Flag Post

There is a notice, its the word “BETA” above “kongregate” :)

Flag Post

:)

You have any idea how many sites use that excuse! Oh wait, that’s why you said that with a smile :)

Thanks again arcane