No sound on unity games

5 posts

Flag Post

Simple as that. The games are still playable, but for some strange reason there is no sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled unity multiple times, and nothing seems to be working. Does anybody know how to solve this issue? Is it something with my computer?

Flag Post

Do you have a program like audacity open while playing the unity game? Certain audio editing programs are known to cause problems with unity applications.

Or did you by any chance disable sounds for unity applications in the Windows 7 or 8 sound mixer in the systray?

If not, does restarting the sound service resolve the problem? (run services.msc → “Windows Audio” → rightclick → restart the service)

Flag Post

Hello, I have the same problem. I have tried restarting the sound service, but it did not work before. Still isn’t working now. Your comment: “Or did you by any chance disable sounds for unity applications in the Windows 7 or 8 sound mixer in the systray?” what does this mean?

Flag Post

The speaker icon close to the computer clock.

If you start a Unity game and check the mixer, Unity might be muted.

Edit: Heh, nevermind, Unity doesn’t show up in the mixer and I have no sound either :P

Edit 2: … my sound was turned fully down on my speaker system, I do have sound.

Flag Post

Ohhhh yeah duh. I tried that also yesterday.. that didn’t work either :(