OMG please help me learn to fix my save games!!!

11 posts

Flag Post

I’m so sick of my stuff getting wiped. I don’t know how or why but even though i’ve allowed games an unlimited amount of storage on my pc it keeps deleting my file.

Please someone help me fix my problems. _

I’m using Firefox!

Flag Post

Perhaps is there a virus in your computer that is deleting your files? You may want to try a virus cleaner.

Flag Post

Are you deleting your browser’s cookies/temporary internet files?

Flag Post

I just learned recently, saved games are stored as cookies. So if you have any program that runs a scheduled maintenance to delete the cookies, then that’s your cause of your problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Prodev:

Perhaps is there a virus in your computer that is deleting your files? You may want to try a virus cleaner.

Never automatically assume a computer is viral or an account is hacked.

Flag Post

Wait, even if I give my password to someone I met on the internet and later on they do things I don’t want them to do with my account? I can’t say it’s hacked then?

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:
Originally posted by Prodev:

Never automatically assume a computer is viral or an account is hacked.

Did I?

Flag Post

Close enough. Diagnose the symptoms before declaring it lupus.

Flag Post

I worked as tech support in a major company for about 5 years. I supported over 8000 computer users.

When I showed up to fix someones problem, the most common hypothesis offered by the user for why their computer was broken was “i think it has a virus”. This was true exactly zero times.

While I was there we did have a few virus out breaks, 2 or 3 I think. It wasn’t many. These outbreaks affected 70-80% of the computers. In every single case, the users never knew they had a virus until we told them.

A good rule of thumb, “if you can detect the problem, it’s probably not a virus.”

Flag Post

No I’ve run Comodo Anti-Virus twice along with my Spybot. I have not found any viruses on my pc. I have checked my cookies settings and they are not being dumped or cleared. I don’t understand this at all. I’m truly stumped. :(

Flag Post

Does this happen every time you close and start Firefox or just occasionally? Say, if you close it right now and start it again immediately after, are the cookies gone? If they aren’t, it’s possible that there’s some third party software deleting your cookies. Software like CCleaner, for example, is known to do that by default, and a few users forget to configure such software correctly.

Some games have been recently saving to assets.kongregate.com. So if you use CCleaner you need to add that to the list.

Also, make sure you are not browsing in Private Browsing.

If you’re not in Private Browsing and your cookies disappear on every restart, without exception, it’s possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox’s normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?

Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it’s not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don’t forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it’s from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem.