Unity FPS mouse problem

12 posts

Flag Post

Hello, when I try to play an FPS using Unity I run into an issue.

Once I am in a game I am able to look around fine but I am able to move my curser off the screen of the game.

So for example, if I looked right and tried to fire by clicking I will end up clicking on the Kongregate chat.

This happens on any Unity game, all the controls work fine and I am able to fire perfectly but it will let me move my curser off the game screen.

Thanks!

Flag Post

I don’t have an answer for you but there used to be a Unity bug thread…here

Flag Post

That’s how Unity works. I believe if you hit the ESC key then the cursor will appear.

Flag Post

It’s not a bug. The developer just has not locked the mouse to the screen.
The developer of Disc Challenge integrated this feature after he released his game, so it really shouldn’t be all that difficult. I don’t know why other developers keep forgetting about it.

Flag Post

When I use another computer I do not run into this issue, I’m not talking about pressing ESC or tab as that can bring up the mouse.

This issue happens when I do not press any ESC or tab button, I know for a fact it is not the game as it works like it is supposed to on any other computer, so I am trying to troubleshoot my computer/Unity

Thanks for the help and information guys! I will be sure to look into that Unity bug thread.

Flag Post

If you know that it is a problem with your system, how do you expect anyone to help you if you don’t post your specs?

Flag Post

it’s running Windows 7

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Let me know if there are some more stats I missed, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Unity several times with no luck.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention I do not run into this issue on other sites using Unity. For example I run into the issue while playing Red crucible 2 on kongregate. But it does not happen on the main red crucible site (http://www.rocketeergames.com/redcrucible.html)

Flag Post

Have you tried different browsers and disabling extensions

Flag Post

Thanks for the reply! I will give a bunch of browsers a try and disabling all extensions/plugins.

Edit: Firefox, Google chrome and opera all had the same issue. but IE seems to be working great :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Flag Post

I have something similar where on my mouse i move up but my gun goes down i rlly need help

Flag Post
Originally posted by MichaelJ347:

I have something similar where on my mouse i move up but my gun goes down i rlly need help

This is one year old sigh

Flag Post

MichaelJ347: Have you checked in the game’s forums for help in changing the controls for the y-axis?