[solved] constant chat disconnects

6 posts

Flag Post

Hi

I’m getting disconnected all the time from the kong chat. I tried keeping a ping -t on the bakcground to www.kongregate.com and despite I don’t lose any packets I still get disconnected all the time (sometimes every 30 seconds).

Is there a problem reported or something I can do?

Thanks in advance

Flag Post

That’s really strange.

Your internet connection is stable?
Is Flash up-to-date?
Does it happen on any other sites?
Do it happen if you turn off all add-one and extensions?
Does it happen with another browser?

Flag Post

There is this

[SOLVED] Chat keeps disconnecting

Flag Post

I will definetly try but I haven’t changed any port forwarding nor uPNP in my router in years and the problem started just today.

Post-edit : I have forwarded ports 5222 and 5229 TCP and UDP to my computer ip. Let’s see if there’s any change, I’ll keep you posted.

Flag Post

Founbd the culprit. It seems the one causing it was my antivirus’ personal firewall (eset nod32) which for some reason kept closing the chat sockets. took me A LOT of debugging to find out. Opening ports 5222 and 5229 on my firewall to be used undisturbed is what solved this. It’s strange because I didn’t do any change whatsoever in the firewall, so I guess one of the lastest updates must have messed with it (got a lot of UDP packet has wrong size errors which I guess the firewall was interpreting it as some sort of attack).

Flag Post

Good to hear