Chat Problems with Userscript

7 posts

Flag Post

Due to recent Kong Updates, if you have Kongregate Chat Line Highlighting as either a standalone add-on or as part of the Better Kongregate pack, You may be unable to see the Chat. If you wish to view chat in the meantime, disable that script and you should be able to see clearly.

For those of you who have Better Kongregate, Go into your add-ons menu and select BetterKong’s “Options”. Disable the Chat Line Highlighting script, then refresh your current page.

Now, I do not have Ventero’s contact information, but could someone get in touch with him and get him to update the script?

EDIT: Apparently, there are more than a few Scripts Broken by this update
Can anybody get in contact with any of their authors and get them to fix them?

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/332645-chat-scripts?page=1#posts-6973275

Flag Post

I happen to use Venturo’s In-Chat timestamps, which was recently disabled due to Kong updates.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ventero:

I’ve just updated the framework script, which hopefully fixes most of the problems. I currently don’t have enough time to test all my scripts, so if there’s any scripts that don’t work with the updated framework, please let me know.

Flag Post

Yes, yes. I saw that immediately after I posted. .

Flag Post

The highlighting script seems to be working again, but not the time stamps.
Also, apparently users are not able to see private messages if they receive them while they are in another window or tab. Even when Better Kong and the userscripts were disabled, this issue is still present.

Flag Post

And the issues are back. Yay. .