unintsall SMNC

11 posts

Flag Post

so yeah i installed it, didn’t like it, now i want to remove it. there is no uninstaller, not through the Start menu, not even in Windows Explorer. the software is also not listed in my list of installed software i summoned through the control panel, so i can’t manually remove/uninstall it that way either.

so what do i do? call a lawyer? i want it off my system.

Flag Post

I think that you have to manually delete the folder, then run a registry cleaner

Flag Post

in other words, it doesn’t have a proper uninstaller, which is illegal, so i should sue them and make some money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

in other words, it doesn’t have a proper uninstaller, which is illegal, so i should sue them and make some money.

Thanks for that good laugh.
As BTrenary wrote, delete the game’s folder(s) and run CCleaner’s Registry Cleaner, but don’t make up laws that don’t exist.

Flag Post

Sounds like it had an installer, but it didn’t work completely / correctly. Is there a law against that? Are you and the developer subject to the same laws? What country are each of you in? Are you prepared to demonstrate that you have suffered damages as a result of the poorly functioning installer? Are you prepared to demonstrate a monetary value associated with those damages?

Just some food for thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Thanks for that good laugh.
As BTrenary wrote, delete the game’s folder(s) and run CCleaner’s Registry Cleaner, but don’t make up laws that don’t exist.

I had a good laugh too.

Flag Post

laugh all you want, but EA Games was sued, among other things, for not having an uninstaller for their initial Securom DRM, and were forced to make an uninstaller available on their website.

pretty sure there is a law that any software has to be able to uninstall. sure, they often don’t remove registry changes and stuff, but non-the-less, they aren’t allowed to be non-removable.

Flag Post

You should be able to go to “add/remove programs” under your control panel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

You should be able to go to “add/remove programs” under your control panel.

I think Omega said they tried that already and it’s not listed there. I just looked for myself and I couldn’t see it either, unless it’s hidden somewhere else under another name.

Flag Post

It’s apparently an issue with how Uberent installs their games. The same Uninstall issue has appeared a few times on their Forums. The only solution given is to locate/delete the game folder (maybe under AppData) and then us a reg cleaner for the the rest.

Flag Post

laugh all you want, but EA Games was sued, among other things, for not having an uninstaller for their initial Securom DRM, and were forced to make an uninstaller available on their website.

You’re comparing apples to oranges here. EA was sued, because SecuROM embedded itself so deep into the system that it almost acted like a RootKit virus. People weren’t able to delete the files and clean their systems from it. The only way getting rid of it was format c:\.
It’s also important that consumers had no idea that SecuROM was installed, it was installed without notice while installing Spore for example.

pretty sure there is a law that any software has to be able to uninstall.

Citation needed.