Kongregate temporarily freezes computer

11 posts

Flag Post

The first time I load Kongregate after turning my computer on, everything freezes.
Steps:
1. Turn on computer
2. load anything related to Kongregate
3. wait for the computer to start working again

P.S. I use Google Chrome on Windows 7 computer.

Flag Post

Does it happen with other sites? Have you tried a different browser?

Flag Post

Same thing here with Chrome and Windows 7, only on Kongregate.

Just tried it on Firefox, only the browser froze for a while. It’s usually a total PC freeze on Chrome, including music and mouse eventually. Freezes for +- 20 seconds before i can do anything again.

Specs should be able to handle it (4GB RAM, 2,13 GHz processor).

I have disabled one of the flash extensions to prevent lagging from flash-app interference.

Flag Post

Do you have any Better Kong scripts active?

Flag Post

Never heard of, don’t think so ;p

Flag Post

Any other suggestions? (:

Flag Post

Having the exact same problem as Noeabe and Myth Buster6. Never had this problem until 2-3 months ago thought maybe was an update issue with Kong. It is very frustrating only happens on Kong. I use chrome (all I ever have) don’t know what Better Kong scripts active are so no not using them. Is Kongergate doing anything about this ? Any more suggestions ?

Flag Post

Bump. Same problem here, also with Chrome and Win 7.
Additional info – the freeze only occurs on game pages: the first time I’m loading a game (any game) on Kong after turning on my computer. The problem won’t show up again until I turn the computer off and on once more; closing the browser or having the computer sleep or hibernate afterwards is irrelevant.
If I had to guess I’d say the issue has to do with the caching of Kong’s game container and/or chat system.

Flag Post

That’s strange you have this problem using Chrome…in my opinion it’s the fastest browser.

Flag Post

I apologise if this counts as necroing, just wanted to report that this issue is gone on my end. I don’t know whether Kong has done some backside overhaul recently, but if they haven’t then the proximate cause of the problem for me was my computer overheating. Apparently Chrome sends the computer into a couple of seconds of sustained overdrive when caching everything on the Kongregate site. Now that I have a stronger computer fan (my previous one was apparently faulty) Chrome still slows to a crawl for a while, but my computer won’t lock up because of it. So – if anyone else faces the same problem at some point, I hope this is of some use.

Flag Post

You can blame the super duper excellently programmed kong javascripts for all the above issues. ;)