Don't want to delete local files

4 posts

Flag Post

What files should I save if I am going to be wiping the drives and reinstalling an OS? I mean, as far as Kong goes…I don’t know if it is all wrapped up in one handy file or if certain games create their own data.

Flag Post

Ya I’ll post were it all is if you don’t know, wait one min.

Ok, If you using Windows, go to search, search up kongregate, then a whole bunch of things come up.

Now, right click on any one of the things, probably a game. I did mindscape save. Click open containing folder.

Click on the file/folder that appears there. Then click the Folders button on the top bar. It will open a side bar up. Now look up till you find the Kongregate.com thing. Thats the folder with all the games saves for kongregate. Copy it and paste is onto your desktop. Now look into the side bar of the saves again. Look for chatKongregate or something like that(can’t remember what its called). You might want to copy that one and put it on your desktop too.I think it makes a faster load time for the chat. Now you have the to folders you want to keep on your desktop.

And in answer to your question

I don’t know if it is all wrapped up in one handy file or if certain games create their own data.

They don’t all go in one file but they all go in one folder.

Flag Post

Thanks TH, I appreciate it.

There is a while directory (AYNENG56, under Macromedia) that seems to encompass the whole deal. I’ll slap in on a memory stick and take it from there.

Flag Post

No problem. Just trying to help.