UNITY PLAYER CRASH

7 posts

Flag Post

Dear All,

I am playing this game (Red Crucible 2)since quite long now and it hurts when unity player crash.. ive tried on my 2 laptops win 8 and win7 .. don’t know what to do ..

Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 27.0.1453.116, time stamp: 0×51bb9d8d
Faulting module name: webplayer_win.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0×50c778db
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0×04f15dd9
Faulting process id: 0xa98
Faulting application start time: 0×01ce77b3611d1c85
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Archit\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Faulting module path: webplayer_win.dll
Report Id: dd818048-e3ab-11e2-bf82-005056c00008

Cheers,
Archit

Flag Post

That’s a problem I read about a few times before already.
In rare cases the unity service is installed incorrect while running the installer with normal user rights.

First thing you should do is try installing the Unity webplayer installer as admin (right click the installer file → run as admin).

If that doesn’t resolve the problem, post here again please as there are a few other things we could try.

Flag Post

Thanks for help !! i tried but again its the same result .. wish i can buy mac where it works ..let me know if i need to run procmon,process explorer or any other tool to get the dump .. i wish this just work ..

thanks again !!
Archit

Flag Post

Clearing the Unity Cache has helped some in the past.

Flag Post

Sorry that my first advice didn’t resolve the problem.

Was going to suggest the same as BTrenary now, please delete your cached RedCrucible unity file at least, or just the whole unity cache altogether.
In some cases a corrupted cache file won’t show up in the web-setup page. Should this be the case, you can check for the file in
C:\Users\*your_pc_username*\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Web Player\Cache

If clearing cache doesn’t change anthing, does only unity in Chrome crash, or does unity also crash if you use another browser, like Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Flag Post

Thanks guys ..that does help but just had another crash .. i guess ill wipe out cache once a day .. let me know if there are sm other steps .. really appreciate all you help !!

Cheers,
Archit

Flag Post

it started again . i see no point buying for a game which is not stable .. i played on different machines and its the same result ..i wish UNITY come up with a solution . Also, i would like to thanks you guys for spending your time for my query ..

May unity hire some good windows developers or at-least look at MSDN before launching application.

Cheer,
Archit