Redirected to Game of Thrones Ascent

30 posts

Flag Post

I keep getting redirected to “Game of Thrones Ascent”.

I’ll get on the home page and instantly be taken there, I’ll be in the puzzle section of the Achievements page and be redirected to the game if i click on “next” or a game I want to play.

Its been going on for about a week now and its starting to annoy me.

Flag Post

and it just happened when i clicked “post topic”

Flag Post

Have you tried clearing your recent cookies/cache?

Flag Post

I did so after seeing your reply, just a moment ago, and its already done it 3 times after…4*

Flag Post

i don’t know if this helps but this link shows up before i get forcably directed to the game. It lasts only about a second. and it happens regardless of buttons i click. this is the link:

http://mmotraffic.com/catalog/goplay/1000463/MTA2NTcvLy8xMDAwNDYz/?subid=279893-r.ndumjmynjdimtkyy&s1=253805&reqid=07_51905225_a5aaa040-b37f-4d4f-a42c-6653dc951c04#da_notif=1373663809

and then it changes to this page: http://www.kongregate.com/games/DisruptorBeam/game-of-thrones-ascent

Flag Post

Uhhh. Call me crazy but this really sounds like your browser or your router or your computer has been hijacked by something nasty. Scan stuff, thoroughly.

Flag Post

not saying your wrong, but why would someone hijack me, just to effect one site in one way? if that is the case i can only think of one reason, to drive up plays for the game (As i wouldn’t otherwise go to G.o.T., let alone play it.) i can think of no reason why some one would care about that sort of thing.

still running scans

Flag Post

Does the problem persist if you change your browser? If not, try again with the browser you are currently using, but disable all plugins/addons. Maybe one of them is causing the issue.

Flag Post

thanks guys but this is making it worse, my IE crashed when my computer updated. firefox had a banner that messed up how your site worked and its now on chrome, witch im currently using. Im not ganna mess around with anything else for fear this spreeds to other sites. for some reason only yours is messed up. thanks for the attempt

Flag Post

same thing happened to me in the same time frame

Flag Post

and it happened just as i tried to post that last thing

Flag Post

I’m only fishing in troubled waters, but could you open your hosts file and take a look if there’s an entry related to Kongregate by any chance?

On Windows, you can find the file here: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
You can open it with any text editor of your choice, for example Editor, WordPad, Word etc.

It’s still more likely that a plugin/extension/addin is causing the problem though.

Flag Post

It’s been happening to me too, Thyrael directed me to this thread. I’m just done playing on Kong till this either gets fixed, or they remove that GoT mmo, tried a half-dozen things to fix it and so far nothing has worked, so I guess I’ll just get my flash game fix from Armorgames or the like.

Flag Post

when i disable pando web plugin it seems to stop for me

Flag Post

Yeah stuff is just getting worse after i tried playing that stupid game, like now I have this retarded add on the top of my screen that wont go away when I’m on kong. I’m betting a million dollars that this is effing Disruptorbeam trying to get people to play their game, because I’ve taken a look around and its happening to the facebook players too.

Flag Post

I also keep getting redirected

Flag Post

If there is really no plugin/addon/extension/searchbar that you guys have installed which might be causing the problems, did any of you guys check the hosts file?

Originally posted by Thyrael:

I’m only fishing in troubled waters, but could you open your hosts file and take a look if there’s an entry related to Kongregate by any chance?

On Windows, you can find the file here: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
You can open it with any text editor of your choice, for example Editor, WordPad, Word etc.

There is also another thing worth doing:

Download HiJackThis. Start the downloaded file and press “Do a system scan and save a logfile”.
The program will run and then open a text file. Copy everything from that file (highlight everything with ctrl+a, then ctrl+c to copy) and paste it (ctrl+v) into the box on this site then press “Analyze”. A results page will show up and tell you which programs or processes might cause such problems.

Here is a short desciption of what HiJackThis is and does. In contrast to what the name might suggest, it’s not a tool to take over your computer, it’s a tool to find malicious software/processes/registry or browser settings.

Flag Post

nothing related to kong on mine

Flag Post

i get to that too. it makes me mad so bad that i go to roblox and ee.

Flag Post

The HiJackThis program that Thyrael suggested is a good thing to have. You may even want to save it to a disc just in case someone comes up with a program to mess it up if it is already on your computer.

Another thing to do to fight a Hijacker virus is to have a browser saved to disc to upload and use in case all of the browsers on your computer get infected. My computer got infected with the Virtumonde virus that had a Hijacker with it and an old Netscape 7.1 browser I had on a disc really, really came in handy for finding a way to get rid of the virus.

Flag Post

i finally found pando media player and completly removed it from my computer now everything is good and no more redirects

Flag Post

I disabled and finnaly removed that, didnt work for me, about to try the other things. If its effecting this many people, and dosent get fixed your going to lose a lot of people from the site. it’d be easier to just remove the game. (as a last resort)

Flag Post
Originally posted by King_Kid:

I disabled and finnaly removed that, didnt work for me, about to try the other things. If its effecting this many people, and dosent get fixed your going to lose a lot of people from the site. it’d be easier to just remove the game. (as a last resort)

That wouldn’t stop the redirection. It would simply redirect you to a dead page, which would probably redirect you to the Kongregate homepage.

Flag Post

If you get directed to a head page you get a page saying kongbot couldn’t find that page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

If you get directed to a head page you get a page saying kongbot couldn’t find that page.

Depends on the reason for the missing page. URLs for games that existed but were taken down can boot you to kongregate.com instead of a 404.