annoying redirect.

9 posts

Flag Post

Anytime I click on a Kong link, be it the main page, or even this forum post, it redirects me to the Game of Thrones mmo. I’ve only played that shit game once, and even then it was for about 2 minutes, and now seemingly no matter what I do it redirects me to that first. I’ve cleared cookies, even went so far as to use CCleaner to totally clean it, and still it redirects me. If this crap doesn’t stop I’m just gonna say screw it and play on Armorgames from now on.

Flag Post

Hmm, King_Kid posted in Tech Support ’cause he has the same problem.

There’s no solution in the thread there either though.

Flag Post

Well screw it then, guess I’m done playing on kong, thanks much for the info Thyrael.

Flag Post

Have you tried running a virus/malware scan on your computer? It should not be redirecting and it sounds like some external problem.

Flag Post

Sounds like some form of a ‘hijacker’ virus. Run your virus scanner and maybe something like SpyBot to see if they detect it. There are quite a few sites about getting rid of hijackers if you find that you have one.

Flag Post

do you have pando media player

Flag Post

my virus scan removed everything and its still doing it, glad its not just me.

Flag Post

It’s not just me that this is happening to, and this site & that shitty game are the only things being effected. do you know how unlikely that is that its a hijacker virus? what exactly would be the point of a virus that only redirects you from anything you click on Kong, to the game of thrones mmo?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ImaLeadFarmer:

It’s not just me that this is happening to, and this site & that shitty game are the only things being effected. do you know how unlikely that is that its a hijacker virus? what exactly would be the point of a virus that only redirects you from anything you click on Kong, to the game of thrones mmo?

Ad revenue.