Game Progress

2 posts

Flag Post

hi i have a problem with the game they never continue where i left of and its one of the main reasons i choose kongregate so i can continue my games but lately not one game has continued from where i left it and games that did continue didnt do it anymore please help its annoying

Flag Post

Technical Support F.A.Q.:

Where did my saved game go?

Save games and game progress on Kongregate are stored as Flash cookies (.sol files) on your computer. If you have lost your progress in a game, it may be because you are playing on a different machine, or because you have deleted your cookies and temporary internet files. You may also want to doublecheck that your browser is not set to automatically clear your cookies. This tends to happen after recently upgrading to a new browser.

If you’re having trouble with saves, this list might help:

1. Don’t clear your cookies or history. This is important. To check if your web browser is set to automatically clear cookies, try going to “Options” or “Tools” and view “Privacy” or “Security”. This varies from browser to browser, so we would recommend using Google to find the exact steps on how to find your browser’s cookie settings.

2. You may need to tell your computer to allow more space for the game to use on your hard drive. You can adjust your settings by right clicking (control+click on Macs) in the game window, going to “Settings”, then “Storage” (it should show a little file folder). I would recommend setting it to unlimited.

3. Make sure “private browsing” is OFF.

4. Make sure “clear browser history on exit” is OFF.

5. Make sure “block sites from setting any data” is OFF. (for Chrome users)

6. Don’t run a program that deletes stuff, like CCleaner or Better Privacy

If you are playing on a different machine, then you should be able to transfer your saved game from another computer. Here’s a nice tutorial on how to find a saved game:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3/topics/29816

Additional Help: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60/topics/234515

Update for Chrome Users:

Did you update to Chrome v.21 lately? If so, this new version has a known issue of not transferring sol. files to its new Flash folder. To transfer them manually, go to “computer”, click the main drive (Usually C) and type “chat.kongregate.com” in the search bar. A few folders should appear. Click the one saying “[…]AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects[…], copy its content (To copy everything, press down the shift button, click the first item and last item without releasing, right-click and select “copy”) search for “chat.kongregate.com” again, pick the folder saying “[…]AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperData\Shockwave Flash[…]” and paste the content of the first folder to this one. (Courtesy of MadJedi)

Update: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\[8 random letters and numbers]\chat.kongregate.com\gamez\

Update: For Unity Savefiles