Kongregate causing 100% CPU load page 2

38 posts

Flag Post

Hmm.. when i wrote that it was working just fine, now it isn’t again.
Loaded main kong page 3 times while writing this. 1st time it held up about 10 secs, 2nd loaded just fine, no delay, 3rd one took about 1 minute (and did a 4th one just because, took ~1 minute again).
I didn’t do anything to settings or altered any other thing (installing/removing anything)…
I am on Opera 12.16 too.
Sorry if i gave out a false alarm but, for me at least, something is different. Not fixed but better.

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s not fixed yet, they were too busy fixing some French translations with last update.
Don’t ask me why that was more important to fix than making the page functioning for a whole user group, us Opera users.

I had the same effect as Erother by the way, the mainpage loaded just fine, once, a few hours ago. Then it was back to taking a minute and longer to load it. Forums pages still were loading slow when the mainpage worked. Tried clearing cache in the hope that maybe a fix was rolled out, but nope.

The wait goes on.

On the bright side, as I don’t play Fantasy Online over Kong anymore cause of the slow loading pages here, I saved some money when I bought ingame currency over the game’s mainpage, and the currency is cheaper there than buying it over Kong ^^

Flag Post

Almost 14 days since the site-breaking error was brought up – and it’s still not fixed.

I take it you guys at Kongregate don’t care about Opera users? Are you going to fix this finally the next days or is it time to move to Armorgames?

Flag Post

Ooh, it has indeed been almost 2 weeks. Time sure flies. It seems there were a few releases since this issue cropped up, so either the issue is complicated to fix or it’s not considered high priority (or both), though honestly I’m quite confident that if this issue affected Chrome, it would have been fixed a long time ago. I gather only 1-2% of Kong users use Opera, so can’t really blame them too hard, but it sure is annoying. On the bright side, it seems all other websites are so fast now, compared to this shtty Kong. rofl

Flag Post

I’m fed up with this nonsense. Get it fixed or let us know that you won’t. I’m sure a number of people will see themselves out.

For now, the Badges page is more or less reliable and fast for me; probably because it doesn’t have as much asynchronous chaff as the main page.

Flag Post

Bump, to overcome lobsters spam…

Flag Post

I also have problems with the site using FireFox. Some script that seems to come from “scorecardsearch.com” causes my browser to crash.

Flag Post

I have the same issue loading pages on Kongregate.
Opera 12.16 here, and I am not going to “cough” update “cough” to Opera 20 anytime soon, since that was clearly a head over heels Project Management mistake.

Flag Post

20 or 15 or whatever they call it.

Flag Post

Same here with Opera 12.16.

Since like a month ago I can´t enter Kongregate with Opera and I must switch to IE9, the main page loads in maybe 2 minutes, I can´t play games because they need a lot of time to load, to enter my Username and Password I need an enternity, etc, I subscribe everything that the other users said, Kongregate is no longer working in Opera 12.16 as It should be…it´s a pitty, I don´t want to use IE9 for my favorite video ganes page on the web.

Flag Post

Confirmed. Opera 12.16 here. Lately Kong is slower than a snail pushing a turtle in mud…if it’s even moving at all.

Flag Post

We’re still looking into this. We’re trying to find a good workaround for this issue.

Flag Post

I’m just going to put all updates about the Opera issue in http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/358058-kongregate-will-not-fully-load-with-opera-12-16 from now on.