What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
1. I noticed this for the first time approximately 3 days ago.
2. I have not seen this problem before
3. I have not noticed display errors on other websites
4. I do not recall making any changes to my computer at all
5. I absolutely did not make changes to my browser’s settings to override display of webpages
6. I do have chrome, and it is the only program that applies automatic updates
7. All other updates on my computer prompt me before updating
8. I have not asked if anyone else is having the problem
9. I have not tried using a different computer
10. Ah fuck, too may damned years as an L2 at Dell, so now I will fucking check IE. I really didn’t want to post this because I knew I couldn’t post a short post and that I would troubleshoot this issue too much. Are you happy now? I am troubleshooting a minor and meaningless issue. Added a screenshot from IE. I also have too many years in webdesign, IA, and UI design, so I notice the problem on every page.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8
Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name 
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model NE56R
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 
Processor Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V2.15, 3/11/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 0.00
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gateway
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.2.9200.16442”
User Name 
Time Zone 
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.82 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.31 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.07 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.46 GB
Page File Space 4.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V – VM Monitor Mode Extensions No
Hyper-V – Second Level Address Translation Extensions No
Hyper-V – Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V – Data Execution Protection Yes
Version 29.0.1547.66 m
Google Chrome is up to date.
When I started writing this post, I didn’t even consider asking for some kreds, but now that I spent too much time on this silly issue, but it would be great if you would support my neurosis/OCD with a few kreds—36 kreds would give me a total of 500, which would support my sometimes healthy, sometimes unhealthy relationship with Tyrant
Well, I like those symbols next to the moderators’ names and think they should stay. An a with a caret over it, (what is that middle symbol? Looks like an equals sign and a C collided) and the cents sign. I feel like there is a hidden message there somewhere.
Edit (less than a minute later): That funky symbol in the middle is the Euro sign. Why didn’t I recognize it? Why can’t you Europeans use a normal symbol for your money like an S with a l through it?