Friends not showing up in chat

23 posts

Flag Post

When going into chat, your friends are no longer shown at the top…

EDIT: I’ve found that it only shows the 20 that are shown on your chat profile.

Flag Post

Whoa, why is that? Not only do they not show up, but they are effectively removed from your friends list, because you can add them again!

Flag Post

Yeah I don’t like this new friends thing, but I think it will help with chat lag, so it’s a trade off I guess.

Flag Post

No! I’d rather have lag than no friends!

Flag Post

Yeah I also can’t change rooms :( Smig and I had this problem last night but we were the only ones I could find… now it seems to be a site-wide thing. I can’t imagine this is on purpose chi. Can y’all change rooms?

Flag Post

Actually Alison, all last night and today I have been unable to change rooms, go to games others are playing, basically use any links in the whole chat, except to View full profile.

Flag Post

Yes, i cant change rooms either, and i stuck in one wit none of my friends =(

Flag Post

I can’t change rooms anymore either, looks like the staff has some work to do.

EDIT: you can still change rooms if you use you friend page, you just only can go to rooms you have friends in.

Flag Post

I’m the only one who can change rooms!! And I can see all my friends!! I feel so special XD

Flag Post

I’m the only one who can change rooms!! And I can see all my friends!! I feel so special XD

I knew it, it’s a conspiracy. They’ve limited all those features to mods only. :(

Flag Post

Lol only one includes no one but me. And it’s gone now, I restarted my firefox to install greasemonkey, and now I can’t press change anymore, and can’t see the friends.

Flag Post

i have no problem changing rooms * knocks on wood * but the freinds thing is happening…I hope its not gonna be like this for a while

Flag Post

We did a few updates last night, and it seemed to have altered a few things having to do with chat, such as with the problem with the friends list and not being able to change chat rooms. We are working to get the problems resolved as soon as we can.

Flag Post

We are working to get the problems resolved as soon as we can.

Well that’s a relief :/

I thought it was the apocalypse.

Flag Post

What? They got rid of you’re friends to reduce chat lag? Bad idea! Let’s protest!

Flag Post

What? They got rid of you’re friends to reduce chat lag? Bad idea! Let’s protest!

No, the chat broke when they updated the site. They’re trying to fix it…

Flag Post

No! I’d rather have lag than no friends!

Friends + lag = :/

Friends + no lag = :D

No friends + no lag = saddness :(

Flag Post

Indeed… friends are gone… I re-add them, then they’re gone again later. sniffles I guess they don’t wanna be my friend anymore….

Flag Post

Plus, lately its:

No Friends + Lag = Anger

Flag Post

…It’s been a couple weeks… Any update on this? I want mah friends back!

Flag Post

We have resolved the issue, and are currently testing it. It should be present in the next site update. There were some users with more than 10,000 friends who were causing significant problems when they logged in, which is the reason for the “quick fix” that was implemented.

Flag Post

thank you

Flag Post

can we fix the friends list thing only some ppl r showing up and its only some times too :(