All Games Not loading

7 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys, All games on Kong won’t load for me. The pages and chat load fine but the game frame remains “black”.

Any help?

Flag Post

update: cdn1.kongregate.com is down for me. it is also down according to http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Flag Post

What the hell is cdn1?
I’d make sure that your flash player is properly updated.

Flag Post

Games have stopped loading for me as well. Flash Player is up to date (and works on other sites) and none of the games load in any browser. (Firefox, Chrome, IE)

EDIT: Welp, they work now. Crisis over I guess.

Flag Post

What games aren’t working for you guys? I just loaded up some of the games in your recently played games and they load fine. What browsers are you guys using?

Flag Post

It’s working now. But I’m pissed off as hell!
because of the outage, i’ve missed out on some ingame rewards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

What the hell is cdn1?

Unless their server admins just like mislabeling things, that’s a reference to their Content Distribution/Delivery Network. It’s a method of spreading server load/access across multiple machines, which assists performance by preventing one machine from serving the entire globe. Not only does splitting the load alleviate the amount of work piled upon any particular server, it also usually means that a more easily-accessible alternative (whether by physical distance, available bandwidth, ping, hop count, or other metric) can be used for higher speeds. Since the content available regionally isn’t always the same as the content available at the central server, first-time access from a remote CDN server may be slow while the requested content is copied to the remote location.

As far as I’m aware, Kongregate has cdn1-cdn4 on kongregate.com and kongcdn.com.