Can't connect to server

10 posts

Flag Post

I have been unable to connect to the Kong server for about a week now. By this, I mean the little plug thing in the upper right corner of the game is red. This prevents me from earning achievements and connecting to chat, but I can still play the games.

Here is what I have tried:
-I’ve restarted browser numerous times
-Restarted computer 5+ times
-Followed guide to open ports 5222 and 5229
-Tried both I.Explorer and Chrome
-Turned off ad-blocker extensions
-Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe flash player (before I realized it’s built into Chrome)
-Made sure I was accessing Kongregate through kongregate.com

My best guess it that it has to do with the firewall, but this wouldn’t seem to make sense because everything worked fine prior to one week ago and I have not changed any settings in the meantime. Any help would be appreciated!

Flag Post

Have you followed all the instructions in this post?

Flag Post

Yes

Flag Post

When there was the DNS crisis about a year ago, did you modify your host file?

Flag Post

No. Why would it only take effect now? Also, how can I modify my host file?

Flag Post

I changed my DNS server so that it would connect through google utilizing this guide: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I also found a fix located here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/334007-temporary-fix-for-dns-issues
However, since it said it was only temporary I have not tried it yet.

It still did not work after changing my DNS server address.

Flag Post

Are you using firewall software or are you using the firewall built into your router?

Flag Post

I am using firewall software, specifically Panda

Flag Post

Here are the inbound requests that my firewall is currently blocking:
-NetBIOS (TCP) in insecure network devices
-Windows Message Service messages
-Distributed Transaction Coordinator network connections with unsafe network interfaces
-ICMP Echo Request
-NetBIOS (UDP) in secure network devices (NT platform)

Would any of these be causing the problem?

Flag Post

I allowed all of the aforementioned requests and changed my firewall to allow inbound and outbound connections for google chrome, but it still is not allowing me to connect. I would appreciate any help because this has been going on for a couple months, but worked fine before now.