Kong API Causing Serious Gameplay Issues in Cloudstone?

5 posts

Flag Post

In Cloudstone here on Kong, if you add a Kong friend with a private Kong profile, it royally screws up your Allies list. This is a list of characters that belong to Kong players of Cloudstone that your character can summon to help with an area of gameplay and is a key feature of the game.

The bugs vary wildly from player to player. On mine, all my Allies’s names come from a select few. There should be only one “Zatoichi”, one “clambam”, one “scrollwinner” or “hpahpa” or “FredK180”… instead, there are many Allies on my list sharing each of these names, making it a chore to figure what character is actually good to summon for a given task because I have to check their stats instead of just remembering that “halfzue” is awesome. (halfzue appears in my list as one of the several Zatoichi’s.)

I’ve read that, with others, it can lead to bugs as severe as having no access to your Allies list at all! A real gamebreaker!

It seems that this bug has existed for a while. I’m curious as to why it hasn’t been resolved yet, and what steps are being taken.

Flag Post

That’s an in-game issues that you’ll need to advise the developer about. To contact them, click the “Game bug” link on the game page and fill out the report accordingly.

Flag Post

I’m told that the problem is on Kong’s end. It’s existed for a while. It really, REALLY sucks and is the #1 reason I’m not yet spending money on the game.

Flag Post

The “private profiles break stuff” situation isn’t new and is known by Kongregate.

Flag Post

That seems like a big problem. Any word on what they’re doing to fix it?