Error launching unity player???

15 posts

Flag Post

For the past three days i havent been able to play red crucible, now i have found that i cannot play any multi player games. The screen just says ‘error launching unity player’. i can still use the chat and found that others are having this problem as well???? i am not great with computers, and only play a few games. Have i been blocked for something? If i was blocked… how would i know? Just seems odd that all was fine then…nothing!

Flag Post

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of unity player? If it’s just unity games, it may have something to do with the player itself.

Flag Post

Day 5 and still the same thing, i have tried several different things… and nothing. But my research is showing this to be a common, but not admitted problem with unity. I was reading a few threads on their site between folks who obviously have way more computer experience than me. And it seems like it was never resolved. Unity saying they never heard of this problem at one point, but i am finding out that this is more common than they admit. Kind of shitty, i dont normally play video games, just started getting into it, especially Red Crucible which i really enjoy. I played as a guest for a while, then i signed up and started spending money building my character. after about a month… ‘error launching unity player’ now i cant play at all. Lesson learned i guess, Kongregate says its nothing to do with them, rocketeer games hasnt replied back, and unity cant seem to solve it either. I would like to get my money back, which probably wont happen… but i would rather just play anyway. Can i just somehow scrap Unity and go through someone else? My computer skills are low at best, navigating and the common language is alien to me. The fact that i can spell computer keeps me from being totally illiterate. lol

Flag Post

I honestly dont understand most of the things they are talking about in their 2 page long problem solving threads… that dont seem to have any resolution any way. So thepict is sidelined for an undetermined amount of time… dammit! i like this game too. I tried playing other multiplayer games, just to see if i could… i cant! Its not just red crucible… can i sick Kongregate on them? They are loosing money on this too, my guess would be so is Rocketeer… i cant spend money, if i cant play! and i am finding out i am not the only one. There are others having these problems too, on this one and other multiplayer games. But it all seems to come back to Unity.

Flag Post

I responded on March 7th. So did you uninstall and reinstall unity player? That still gives you the same error for all unity games on our site?

Flag Post

however not single player games like kingdom rush on Kongregate, its just multiplayer games. I tried using rocketeers site, and others, signing in through FB, ect ect all the same. I uninstalled emptied trash, went to red crucible game, top right showed install unity player. Same thing again? I used a different computer to try and access my character… same thing? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from unitys site… same??? I thought i might have been blocked or bugged. Cant see why though, i mostly just play the game and rarely use the chat until now, its all i have access to, to try and resolve this. I called Apple, they dont see why i cant, my computer is OS 10.8. Thing is i was playing just fine…then nothing?

Flag Post

I cant even access or see my character… thanks for your reply, i havent checked the thread for a bit… i am slowly just giving up. It looks like i am going to have to pay someone to figure this out… but thats just more money… on top of what i have spent on my character, and was preparing to spend. At what point do i say enough is enough? and just suck up the losses. This is a money matter, like i said before, i cant spend if i cant play! This is costing someone… not just me. Wish there was an easier solution, but according to unitys site, the threads show i am not the only one. And they claim at one point that they never heard of this problem? maybe i did get bugged???

Flag Post

You can always roll back to older versions of unity which could fix the problem. Also if you’re on a mac, you can try uploading to 10.9

Flag Post

I will try, but on the thread i saw this was suggested as well, and the fella said that it automatically updates to the most recent version. Thanks. I will look into the 10.9 as well

Flag Post

just had a computer tech hear, $88.00 per hr, if the problem is not solved you dont pay. After the first hr, he was getting frustrated, stayed an extra hr for no extra charge… still couldnt solve it. He seemed angry and defeated… at least i didnt have to pay. but i still cant play the game! grrrrrr

Flag Post

I was playing just fine! What the hell happened????

Flag Post

You’ve run a virus scan and malware scan just in case?

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

You’ve run a virus scan and malware scan just in case?

That, and try a different browser.
Then do a clean reinstall of unity and restart the computer.
If all else fails it could be a hardware problem.

Flag Post

The computer guy did a couple of different cleanings. I am next going to try to see if the new Snow leopard installed will help. I heard some are having problems with macs who do not update with this. The snow leopard is not one of the automatic updates, we have to take the computer in, or order the disk on line. Still cant play though, but hope to be playing soon.

Flag Post

For my apple computer, the Snow Leopard upgrade is working so far. Thanks for you help anyway. It is not on apples automatic upgrades, you have to buy the disk.