Facebook Feed

8 posts

Flag Post

When I first started playing, the games I was playing would add to my facebook minifeed automatically. Now they don’t. I haven’t changed any settings. Ideas? Fixes?

Flag Post

Have you added your Facebook account to your Kong profile? Previously there was a bug that would cause information to be transferred even if you hadn’t explicitly added your account. I don’t know if it’s been fixed yet, but if it has, that could be a likely cause.

Flag Post

I have. I added it via the link in my profile. It seems to actually work when I’m not signed into kongregate though…. When I’m signed in is when it doesn’t seem to work.

Flag Post

We currently have two Facebook features tied to Kongregate: The Facebook Beacon and the Kongregate Application for Facebook. We have changed it so that, if you have the Kongregate Application installed on your Facebook account (which you do), you will not receive the Facebook Beacon or have those stories that normally pop up from the beacon publish to your minifeed.

The Kongregate application should publish to your minifeed whenever you achieve a high score or add a game to your favorites. The Beacon is actually a seperate affair and sends a pop up in your browser asking if you want to publish a story to your minifeed for a game that you’ve played for more than a few minutes (you don’t necessarily need to achieve a high score).

The Kongregate Application you have installed is actually tied to your username. That’s why when you are not logged in, you receive the Facebook Beacon messages, but when you are logged in, our site recognizes that you have the Kongregate Applicaton installed and does not send you pop-up messages.

It’s somewhat confusing, but I hope my explanation makes sense. :)

Flag Post

Ah! It does make sense, thank you. That explains why I don’t see the pop up, but even with the application my scores don’t seem to be showing up in the feed. I just reinstalled it though, so maybe that’ll fix it.

Thanks!

Flag Post

Is there a way to both use the Kongregate app and have Beacon publish the games I play to my minifeed?

Flag Post

I’m having a problem with the facebook thing too. Actually, it’s not really a major concern for me but I thought I would just let you people know. So I have my facebook feed signed on too this account, but I never see any windows pop-up as such when I am signed on.

My girlfriend would sign on, on my computer and the window would popup for facebook on my facebook account. This does not happen when I am signed on tho, on my own computer. Any suggestions?

Flag Post

man i can’t take it anymore i think i will just kill myself, my dad doesn’t give me enough freedom.