Games don't carry from one computer to another?

14 posts

Flag Post

Hi – couldnt find this in any of the stickied threads or other forums – I’ve been playing Protector, and noticed that what I accomplished on one computer (completed stages, skill points, etc.) doesn’t carry over to another computer, even thouggh I’m logged in. Is this a gliltch or a setting I’m not seeing? is game progress cookied?

Thanks!

Flag Post

flash saves your progress on your computer so you cant play it on another computer with your old progress

Flag Post

it’s the same on websites if u get to a certain level on 1 website it will not carry on to another website

Flag Post

That’s too bad… I had no idea that’s how Flash worked. Thanks!

Flag Post

but now for the real question, where does flash save your data? for example, where Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2 stores its saves.

Flag Post

They’re stored as cookies on your PC. I suppose it could be possible to transfer the cookie to another PC to restore saved data. For example, Super Crazy Guitar’s saves are found in the cookie named “__utmz.”

Flag Post

It’d be handy to be able to get saves onto and off of a usb memory card or something similar.

Flag Post

They’re not actually cookies. Well, flash cookies I suppose. You can usually run a search on your PC for the saves, but most of mine end up being in:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Whatever Your Name Is)\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\USAEPYRZ (I think this is random for everyone) \chat.kongregate.com

So I guess you could save that folder to a flash drive to move it around. I don’t know if this would work as I can’t test it. Enjoy experimenting, nonetheless. The files are tiny!

Flag Post

It wouldn’t quite work like that, sadly.

Flag Post

If i format my PC all my points is going? o.O

Flag Post

SnowFlavoured: you’d be surprise at how effective that method might be.

TheDarkFlame: why not

SpetS: no. Just the information for Games.

Flag Post

They are stored as cookies… so you will have to copy the cookies at most.

Flag Post

just how snowflavored said, it will work just put it in the same folder on the other computer. I’m a web designer/developer and do this all the time to play games on multiple computers, you can go a couple folders deep and copy specific games. They are “called” cookies but really they are Shared Objects, they are not stored like normal cookies and aren’t store in the same place either.

Flag Post

Just as a side note, on a Mac, the location of the .sol’s are:

/Users/#username_here#/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects