Mac Users Should *UPGRADE* to Flash 10.0.42.34!

42 posts

Flag Post

I’ve kept the original text below for the sake of archiving, but please note that Adobe has fixed the problem for Macs connecting with LocalConnection in their newest release of Flash. So, Mac users – go grab the newest version at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and be up to date! W00t! :-) (Posted by Phoenix00017)

The current version of Flash for the mac has a bug that can cause Kong stat submission to fail. We’ve notified Adobe of the problem, but the best thing to do is downgrade to an older version. To do this you’ll need this uninstaller, then get the zip file of old installers here, and extract it and run flashplayer10r22_87_ub_mac.dmg.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Hallelujah! I can get badges again . . . Thanks.

Flag Post

Glad to hear it worked natejb!

I tried the uninstaller but it hung on my system (maybe a Snow Leopard problem? I dunno…). In any case, I’ve been told that you can just install an older one on top of the newer one without problem. I’d probably try the uninstaller first, but if it doesn’t work you can try just overwriting with the older one.

Flag Post

I performed the uninstall, and installed the version you suggested (10.0.22.87), but when I tried to access Crush the Castles Player Pack, it only says “To play games on Kongregate, you must have Javascript enabled and be using a current version of Adobe’s Flash Player.” (this is on the latest version of Safari).

I uninstalled 10.0.22.87 and tried installing 10.0.32.18, but encountered the same thing. Checked a few other games, same thing.

Uninstalled 10.0.32.18 and reinstalled the latest version of flash. Still showing “Join 0 people in chat now!” (I know you say it’s probably unrelated, just trying to keep track of weird stuff that is happening!) I am now earning badges again, and will report back in if that changes.

Flag Post

Yeah, the 0 people in chat happens in Windows too, so it’s not related. Not sure what happened with your initial install attempt, but I’m glad to hear it’s working now. In the future, if you get that error again, try going to the Adobe Flash version checker to see what you actually have installed.

Flag Post

Same problem for Linux.

Flag Post

Clairval – which problem is the same for Linux?

Flag Post

I think he’s talking about stat submission not working under Linux, though I’m pretty sure it’s not the same problem for Linux (since I was still able to submit stats after updating my Flash Player a few days ago (except for the short period earlier today, when stat submission wasn’t working for anyone))

Flag Post

So after I went through everything I previously posted, I was earning badges all morning, until I stopped playing. I came on today, to find I’m not earning any again. I tried resetting everything in Safari, but still not earning any. On your suggestion in the previous thread, I’m going to go ahead and submit all of my screenshots, but I apologize in advance for sending in (what feels like to me) a lot.

Flag Post

Pretty much, I’ve been having the same problems as CassandraSilver — downgrading to 10.0.22.87 means I can’t play certain games (including badge-y games like Crush the Castles Player Pack), which are requiring the current version, as well as it was causing other problems with OS X/10.6.1.

In any case, I ended up resurrecting my BootCamp partition as a proper VM and have been playing with Chrome / Adobe Flash WIN 10,0,32,18 & submitting reports when I’m using FF (on OSX) instead of Chrome.

The weird thing, though, is that it’s NOT a consistent problem with OSX (even within a game) — some badges have been registering.

Flag Post

also im having problems with my HP computer it keeps having flash errors.

Flag Post

have this same problem, will downgrade

Flag Post

HumanGirl – Crush the Castle should work fine with the version that we’re suggesting you downgrade to. Please let me know if you find out otherwise, but as far as I know it only requires Flash 10, which includes 10.0.22.87. What other problems with Snow Leopard are you referring to?

Also, just for the record, BootCamp isn’t a VM. ;) But I’m glad to hear it’s working – that means that it’s definitely not any sort of connectivity issue for you.

ShattercubeX – this thread only pertains to Apple computers. It shouldn’t have any bearing on your HP computer.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Any idea when this will be fixed? :o

Flag Post

The Veoh Video player doesn’t work for me either and I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Flag Post

Adobe has told us that this bug will be fixed in the next release of the Flash player… no date yet.

Flag Post

Ah good! Thank you!

Flag Post

You make my softwire, hardwire.

Flag Post

Downgraded and it was working Now its not working again. Any new news?

Flag Post

I’m just upset that I have to downgrade. Why should I have to use technology that’s not as good as what’s available now? It’s like saying you’re having problems with your calculator, so now you have to use an abacus instead. It just doesn’t make sense.

Flag Post

It does make sense if you calculator is broken. And that’s essentially what the latest Flash player version on OS X is.

Flag Post

Last few days badges weren’t working after the downgrade. Upgraded to latest flash version and now it works.

Flag Post

I’ve been watching this thread and noticed spike’s reply. I never downgraded and just tried a few badges, and they work again. So whatever you changed on your (K’s) side seems to have done the trick.

Flag Post

Hmm…not sure that we changed anything for it – this is an Adobe bug that we can’t control – it happens on all websites. We did have a bug a few days ago that was keeping badges from working, but that was unrelated to the Flash player – it was likely a coincidence. If you only have one browser tab open and you always close your browser I don’t think the bug will hit you, but it happens because it’s limiting how many connections Flash can have, so if you use lots of tabs and windows then you’re more likely to hit the bug, at least as I understand it. It is still recommended to downgrade to the older version if you’re having issues with submitting badges on Mac.

Also, in response to WeirdBlueOne, the only differences are some security fixes, which are certainly nice, there is no difference between these two versions of Flash.