Ridiculos Ads

9 posts

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but some of the ads are quite disgusting, or otherwise just plain C-R-Double E-P-Y. Is this reall apporpriate?

I think not. Plus, seeing ads for trainer pants is just weird. Is there some way to filter the ads?

Flag Post

I believe there is already a policy to only host adverts that are deemed suitable for the audience, and frankly I think being disgusted by a child with a cleft lip to the point of making a thread about it is ridiculous; as is protesting that a very worthy charity shouldn’t be allowed to advertise on kongregate because you’re squeamish about it.

Flag Post

Agreed Unpro, Cleft palette is a big deal, and a charity I give quite a bit to every year.

Deal with it, it’s a charity, it’s for children.

Play your game and be grateful for what you have.

Flag Post

I agree with unpro, though its good users keep an eye on these, since things do slip by. Getting feedback is better than not getting feedback.

Flag Post

It just makes me so overwhelmingly sad :(, But I can’t help everyone and I’ve already invested many of my efforts to helping people, and it make sad I can’t help the kids. The advertising works is doing what is supposed to do…

Flag Post

I understand what your all saying about it, but for one thing, CHILDREN who don’t know what that is are coming onto this site. Someone like me who doesn’t know what it is, might think it is a bit abusive, which I think it is. I also understand that Kongregate needs income, thus the reason for the ads. But, as I said before, someone else might not know what that is and might find it a bit disgusting.

I’m not against charity for a good cause, don’t let me have given that impression.

Flag Post

This is one I’d be on the fence about. It’s a very worthy cause, and an advert that I’m proud to have here on Kongregate. However, I feel like they could possibly have explained the situation better within the ad itself for people who are unaware of the condition.

With that said, it is highly unlikely that we will disable any ad like this one. It’s intended to grab your attention for a very serious issue. It’d be different if they were using that image to sell you a lower mortgage on your house.

Flag Post

It’d be different if they were using that image to sell you a lower mortgage on your house.

Oh wow that would be a horrible ad, taking advantage of children like that.

But damijin’s right.

Flag Post

I dont care what the ad is for, a charity or anything else, it is disturbing