Heavily Invalid

6 posts

Flag Post

Now, as I type this, I realise nobody cares, but still.

My annoying Opera function that reports errors in webpages automatically, going over the browser was severely playing up around here, so I did a W3 validation. Quite honestly, valid syntax pwns us. Our homepage alone has 9 errors. I random forum topic I checked had 24 errors.

Perhaps a coder on the Kong Staff team could fix this? I know for most users it doesn’t make a difference, but for the 1% of us that use Opera, it’s annoying that we get that error (which, again, is a popup), which can screw up game progress and that kind of stuff.

Thanks, maybe you guys will listen.
—Slipstream

Flag Post

I don’t know should this be in Technical Support, but why you don’t then use Firefox?

Flag Post

That’s your Opera function *you*’ve enabled. I never get errors displayed when I use Opera (when I’m using like 3 alts simultaneously)

Flag Post

I think there’s nothing wrong with valid webpages! This should definitely be fixed. I also get JavaScript errors, which can hinder page loading, and game performance.

Flag Post

They aren’t serious errors for the two major browsers. I hate to put the blame on Opera, but there are alternatives that cope with these kind of errors better.

Flag Post

http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/837/

It is also possible that the error console has been set to show on Web site errors. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

1. Click link to go to opera:config#Error Console Filter.
2. Click the “Default” button.
3. Click the “Save” button below.