"Chatting" (locked)

25 posts

Flag Post

Well, I have never seen this before… can someone explain this to me?

Flag Post

Probably some type of beta project where you just have a big chat box.

Flag Post

Whoa, crazy. Not sure what’s up with that.

Flag Post

That’s a good idea. They should add a “Join in [chatroom]” link for it too, of course.

Flag Post

Weird, indeed. I can’t figure it out yet, but I’m looking into it.

Flag Post

I’ve gotten that before – could it be when you’re online but not doing anything? Or if chat’s still loading?

Flag Post

If it helps I see this ALL the time and it only happens with administrative accounts.

Flag Post

I’ve already asked about this. I think it happens when you are seeing the chat logs.

Flag Post

I see that everyday… I always thought it was something only admins could do… Those are the only people I saw doing it.

Flag Post

Whoa, crazy. Not sure what’s up with that.

Yeah, Yeah… and my name is Bozo <(+ . +)>

you admins and mods with your bunch of lies…

Flag Post

Yeah, I’ve seen this many times as well, just thought it was a special thing for admins (only saw it on greg) Next time it happens see what the link says, if its the game or something else.

Nice post :P

Flag Post

I always wondered that it was admin command… And it is not? :O

Flag Post

I’ve figured out how to access chat without loading a game ;)

Flag Post

I’ve figured out how to access chat without loading a game ;)

How?

Flag Post

www.kongregate.com/flash/chat.swf. You have to pass it some parameters to get it to work correctly though. For now, you’ll have to figure them out yourself ;)

Flag Post

It stays at loading.

Flag Post

It does, unless you pass it the correct parameters to get it to connect properly.

Follow the source code trail from an actual game for a starting point.

Flag Post

Oh you mean view source when your playing a game and just enter the html code for the chatting?

Flag Post

Sort of…you’ll have to navigate a couple of iframes, and if you just copy-paste those parameters it will probably still show you playing the game (even though you aren’t). It’s going to take some experimentation to determine the appropriate parameters to just show “chatting”.

Flag Post

…it’s really not hard to just adjust the _height parameter yourself.

Flag Post

what naughty little modifiers you are :O

It says I’m entombor2 talk about a security flaw….

Flag Post

…what?

It’s not exactly difficult to copy-paste the parameters from the page source. And I think you’ll find that your code still shows you playing R.O.B.O.T – and shows up your username as entombor2. Sorry, but doesn’t work perfectly – in fact, I already had that working. It’s just not technically what’s being asked for, hence I didn’t post it. Also, you just gave out your session ID, thus anyone with a lump of gray matter in their skull could now hack your Kong account. I’m sorry, you just failed.

Flag Post

excuuuuuse me phatcat >.>

Woops! crap i forgot about that >.>

SUPER-EDIT augh it’s all for naught im diedered >.> thanks for catch jabor :P

score

entombor2:-billion

jabor:All the wins in the world

Flag Post

it says I’m you whenever I type something your name pop us!

Flag Post

Again, session ID’s are the issue.

I don’t think there is going to be any way to permalink the chatroom – after some time, your session ID will just expire.