Fix for Keys sticking in Games in Internet Explorer page 4

142 posts

Flag Post

If it’s happening on both Firefox and IE you most likely have a hardware problem. Is the problem only with Flash games and on Kongregate? Try cleaning your keyboard.

Flag Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Finally, something told me how to fix VIRTUAL sticky keys. I’ve found the sticky keys problem (the one with holding shift for awhile) and how to clean sticking keys but I never found anything explaining this, but now… YEAH!! This really helps me with tons of things. I owe ya one.

Flag Post

Doing this gave me a computer virus…From AddictingGames!

Flag Post

sometimes when i hit back after playing an online game on kongregate the button doesnt work and have to hit it multiple times until it does.

Flag Post

Helpful, but I use firefox. But if I am at a relatives, or school I will use this.

Flag Post

Anther method to go about fixing this problem is to install Google Chrome. It doesn’t have the problem with keys sticking and its statistically faster than IE8 and Mozilla Firefox:

Flag Post

I had this problem forever on my hp, but now i have a mac so it doesnt matter, but itll probably work. Thanks.

Flag Post

How do you fix it on Firefox?

Flag Post

hey most of u sometimes have the plastic under the keys broken it is often but not rare if this happen go to yputube and search how to get rid of sticky keys or send it to a CPU fix group it sould mainly work if no u have a different type of sticky keys

Flag Post

how do i run IE8 as admin on Windows 7 Home Premium?

Flag Post
Originally posted by armorbomb:

hey most of u sometimes have the plastic under the keys broken it is often but not rare if this happen go to yputube and search how to get rid of sticky keys or send it to a CPU fix group it sould mainly work if no u have a different type of sticky keys

Dude, if the plastic thing under the key broke, the key is forever pressed. Your toast if it’s a key, if it a internal mouse button, just dissable it.

Edit:</ br>Like you said, send in the computer to get the key fixed or go buy the keypad at your loacal electronic store (IE: Radion shack) and put it in your self (Do at your own risk!)

Flag Post

i hate this all my favorite shooter games are like ruined i cant play with the stupid stickykeys thing! like on :body ladder, bubble tanks: and platform combat thats just a small fraction of what games are ruined

Flag Post

Thanks “amtie”, your fix works fine. Just run your IE8 on administrator, no big deal. Just right click on the IE icon on the desktop and press “run as administrator”.

Didn’t try the “unchecking protected mode” (too risky).
I did try adding Kongregate on “trusted sites” with all unchecked (didn’t work).

Flag Post

guys, you need to stop saying that it’s not a bug in Firefox. IT IS. I have tried multiple keyboards, none of them even moderately old, and the problem persists. It’s also not an addon problem either, both because I ran it without addons and it still happens and because none of my addons use keys. Please put up some directions for how to add kongregate to trusted sites in firefox, so 90% of the people coming to this thread don’t have to go google it.

Flag Post

A quick fix that doesn’t compromise security is to download Mozilla Firefox. Not once have I encountered this problem, and once you install it you have the option to import all your old data from Internet Explorer, which means you keep your flash data.

Flag Post

thsi game is glitched,….. ss2 it didnt give me gold and my guy moves around like crazy.. is this stiky prob?

Flag Post

and also heavy duty internet is a great web browser.. it never fails me and no sticky keys

Flag Post

how do i fix problem for internet explorer SEVEN?

Flag Post
Originally posted by blisstake:

how do i fix problem for internet explorer SEVEN?

The only problem you should have in IE7 is, well, having IE7.

I’ve got this problem in Firefox (Which isn’t a problem, as I have 8 internet browsers), but I’m just wondering what add-on causes it. I’m presuming it to be Kaedenn’s Greasemonkey script, but I have over 150 add-ons and about 600 scripts installed, so I’m not testing it out. Anyone else got a theory?

Flag Post

Thanks for this. I’m on Google Chrome now and there is no problem at all. Seems faster too.

Flag Post

I’m not sure how to properly translate it in my own language… My IE8 only says ‘page’, ‘security’ and ‘extra’ tab. HELP!

Flag Post

Just try another browser, IE’s security is shocking to tell the truth.

Flag Post

thanks alot!

Flag Post

IE sucks in pretty much every way. Any other browser is better, really.

Flag Post

Thank you for posting this. I was frustrated with the lag during play, and after reading this, I fixed all the problems I had.