Fix for Keys sticking in Games in Internet Explorer page 5

142 posts

Flag Post

you guys do realize that by turning off the security/running in admin mode you’re begging for a virus to come through and bend you over a table?

Flag Post

Easy way to do it. run browser as admin. Works for IE8 ok. But still a nuisance when you forget. Also Iwon’t let my computer get hacked just so I could play a game properly. WTF are you thinking.

Flag Post

I dont understand much ´bout computers,so i wont risk going into deeper programation of things because i might do something wrong.I think its not worth it.Simply going to live with Sticky Keys fact for the rest of my live ;c

Flag Post

I have filed a bug report on the Adobe bug tracking system, in order for it to get fixed quickly it needs votes.

So if people could sign up and give the issue a vote this problem will get fixed a lot quicker, here is the link:

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6113

Flag Post

This happens on both IE and Firefox for me. Also, sometimes when I type, the stuff I type lags for a few seconds, till it speeds through and shows everything i just typed in about .5s

Flag Post

I think IE9 fixes it

Flag Post

IE9 does not fix it, at least for me. Here are the results of my testing

A.) IE9 in IE9 mode doesn’t work period. None of the games seem to load (not even an advertisement)
B.) IE9 in IE8 or IE7 compatibility mode gets you the game to load, but sticky keys are still an issue (latest game with the issue is the new card game featured on the home page…Cardian?).

And also I don’t recommend doing either fix – it’s clear from using Kongregate that this site is still hosting viruses (particularly the one that pops up and looks like an antivirus program…just got a new popup today). You are highly risking your computer by using kongregate without protected mode set or running as an admin.

Flag Post

I guess to be more clear, Kongregate’s ad partner is hosting occassional virus laced ads. I don’t think the games or the site itself are responsible. Regardless…do the “fixes” at your own risk.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Thanks for this Post. i had this problem but its sorted now. :)

Flag Post

Okay, so I did a bit of Googling and can’t really find the correct terms to search for in order to find what I need, so I figured I’d ask here, considering it’s a tad relevant.

Anyway! I’ve dabbled a VERY tiny bit in actionscript and general flash-related languages, but I still have no knowledge of why the player’s object’s (the character you’re directly moving) movement sticks when I accidentally right-click. Years of gaming have given a sort of natural curl to my fingers and I always accidentally rest my finger on my right mouse button and end up right-clicking.

This being said, it usually happens when I have any of the WASD keys held down (clearly, to move in-game) and when I click out of the pop-up context menu, my character is then stuck on an often self-destructive path in the direction of whichever key (or keys) I happened to be holding.

Now, am I an idiot or is there some way to avoid this? Because every time I sit here and actively remind myself NOT to leave a finger on my right mouse button, it still ends up happening moments later because I forgot. D:

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Apologies if this isn’t where this post goes, but I figured a sticky on.. well, sticky movement would be appropriate. Thanks for any and all help, suggestions, or lack thereof.

Flag Post

Hi Atrys

Well, I’m kinda in the same trouble too but you’re not the only one, so no need to worry. I have known many people with this problem and I think I have found a solution to solve this problem. So here’s a (few) tips about how to avoid this problem;

‘§1. If you’re hand/fingers is shaking and you can’t control it, please put your fingers/hands in a bowl with some warm water. Get a fresh drink and then you turn on a TV. Switch to a more relaxing program (eg; News, Discovery-channel, etc..). Remember; Don’t forget the chewing gum ;D)… Watch a channel in like 15-30 minutes then when you feel relaxed you put your stuff away and then you go back to the computer. So here’s the hard thing; After your relaxed, keep your focus on the game and don’t remind yourself about keeping your fingers away from the right mouse button. -If you keep focusing on the game your playing, then everything will be fine.

‘§2. Take your eyes away from the computer-screen and take a close look at your mouse (pc-mouse). Try to rest your finger on the right side, if it’s easy to click with then you have to get/buy a new mouse (again, pc-mouse). In a other case; If that’s not the problem, then go and assist for some assistance (eg; parents, siblings, relatives, etc..).

-So that’s it. If any of this not worked, so try to be awaken from your PC for a few months and then come back.

Regards,

Ashley

Tapjoy Support Team

Email: help@tapjoy.com

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atrys:

Okay, so I did a bit of Googling and can’t really find the correct terms to search for in order to find what I need, so I figured I’d ask here, considering it’s a tad relevant.

Anyway! I’ve dabbled a VERY tiny bit in actionscript and general flash-related languages, but I still have no knowledge of why the player’s object’s (the character you’re directly moving) movement sticks when I accidentally right-click.

It happens because input is event driven; When a key is pressed, you get a KeyDown event with a code to the key that was pressed, when you release it, you get a KeyUp event. Most usually games implement a list that keys are added to when a KeyDown event is handled and removed once a KeyUp event is handled.

Where do these events come from then, you ask? Simple, the keyboard sends them to the bios (yes, the bios) which raises an interrupt (a piece of code) that in the end ends up calling some code from some windows driver, which interprets it and sends a corresponding event to the window callback function (WndProc) of the window that currently has focus.

Herein lies the problem: When you right-click on the flash window, you open up a dropdown menu that isn’t really a part of the flash program – it loses focus and any input gets directed to the dropdown menu (or it’s parenting window, whichever that may be, most likely a browser) and any subsequent KeyUp events are lost from the flash programs perspective and any keys you had pressed stay pressed until you press and release them again so that the proper KeyUp event is sent to the flash program (the list is usually either indexed or hashed, so multiple KeyDown events do not require multiple KeyUp events to function properly).

The only way to get around this is to use something like DirectInput from DirectX that reads stuff from the hardware instead of relying on events sent by Windows – unfortunately flash doesn’t do DirectX.

Flag Post

If you’re concerned about viruses, get a better AV program.

Flag Post

If you’re still using IE, you’re doing it wrong.

Flag Post

I use Chrome and I have the same problem. It’s really annoying sometimes. It doesn’t happen with WASD, tho, just the arrows…

Flag Post

i too use chrome and simply cannot control the char. in 2 of the games i played earlier, hmm seems like Kong is having keyboard issues period with their games and i hope they fix this soon.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/undefined/my-pet-protector-2#

Flag Post

uhhh theres no protected mode check box underneath the security tab

Flag Post

Hi. I am using windows 7 starter, and Google Chrome. Help?

Flag Post

i have this problem but im using google chrome…

Flag Post

Google Chrome key detection fix for those who are experiencing problems with it.

Flag Post

what about google chrome? for some reason I can’t even move.