Flag Post

what about google chrome?

Google Chrome key detection fix.

Flag Post

hi

Flag Post

that is true

Flag Post

im running windows 7 professional and IE8…and i get this stickey key problem…the only time i DON’T get it is when i play TDP4…any help?

Flag Post

any way to fix this without lowering my security?

Flag Post

Tried this and didnt work for me, IE8 flash 10 windows 7…

Flag Post
Originally posted by multifails:
Originally posted by Atrys:

Okay, so I did a bit of Googling and can’t really find the correct terms to search for in order to find what I need, so I figured I’d ask here, considering it’s a tad relevant.

Anyway! I’ve dabbled a VERY tiny bit in actionscript and general flash-related languages, but I still have no knowledge of why the player’s object’s (the character you’re directly moving) movement sticks when I accidentally right-click.

It happens because input is event driven; When a key is pressed, you get a KeyDown event with a code to the key that was pressed, when you release it, you get a KeyUp event. Most usually games implement a list that keys are added to when a KeyDown event is handled and removed once a KeyUp event is handled.

Where do these events come from then, you ask? Simple, the keyboard sends them to the bios (yes, the bios) which raises an interrupt (a piece of code) that in the end ends up calling some code from some windows driver, which interprets it and sends a corresponding event to the window callback function (WndProc) of the window that currently has focus.

Herein lies the problem: When you right-click on the flash window, you open up a dropdown menu that isn’t really a part of the flash program – it loses focus and any input gets directed to the dropdown menu (or it’s parenting window, whichever that may be, most likely a browser) and any subsequent KeyUp events are lost from the flash programs perspective and any keys you had pressed stay pressed until you press and release them again so that the proper KeyUp event is sent to the flash program (the list is usually either indexed or hashed, so multiple KeyDown events do not require multiple KeyUp events to function properly).

The only way to get around this is to use something like DirectInput from DirectX that reads stuff from the hardware instead of relying on events sent by Windows – unfortunately flash doesn’t do DirectX.

Flag Post

I’m so glad I stumbled across this. I thought I was the only one the with the problem.

I’m running Firefox 11 and the latest version of Flash 10. I’m on running Mac OS 10.5.8 (latest version available to me).

I’ve tried disabling add-ons, clearing my complete cache/cookies/etc., and doing basically everything in this thread -even trying to do the IE/Chrome solutions.

But I found one solution… My solution whenever Firefox doesn’t work for me: Safari.

There’s clearly something wrong with Firefox, but Safari still works for me. Guess I’ll make it my Flash gaming browser.

Flag Post

Hi.
I (and as I believe many others) still suffer greatly from those sticky keys in IE 8. I definitely don’t wanna lower my security, so I’m thinking to install a different browser.
First guess was (naturally) firefox, but from reading this thread I kinda got the feeling the problem could (less often, but still) occur there too.
Now my question simply is: Is it assured that firefox browser doesn’t have the sticky keys problem and if not, is there any other browser where that is the case??
(or in other words: which browser should I best use for flashgames?)
Thx very much in advance for any (helpful) answer

Flag Post

FireFox and Google Chrome are some browsers that have better compatibility with the website. It’s impossible to guarantee that the bug will never happen in those browsers since exceptions are possible but they have better stability meaning the likelihood of this happening is reduced.

Flag Post

Does not work.

Flag Post

IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO FIX THIS ISSUE? THEREQUIRE SERVER VERIFYCHECK BOX IS GREYED OUT AND NOT AVAILIBLE TO ME (SCHOOL COMPUTER). PLEASE HELP.

Flag Post

School computers are on a secure network and severely limit what you’re able to do with them; in your current environment, you might simply be unable to fix the issue.

Flag Post

I’m posting it here because I think it relates to or is this issue, but what do I do if I have problems not only with keys sticking in games but with key inputs not being recognized at all in places like the chat box? I’ll have to press certain keys up to four times to actually make it input the letter. The sticky keys issue is the one described here, but the other part doesn’t seem to be covered.

For background: I’m using IE8, and protected mode is on, but I would really prefer not to lower my security if at all possible.

Flag Post

Usually works. Did for me for almost a year. Now, back to the same old BS

Flag Post

wow, necroposting much..

but nevertheless, using chat doesn’t work on internet explorer but it does work on google chrome although the game performs worse on chrome.

Flag Post

Stickey keys still on this site. You gotta be fucking kidding me.