Chat still down? Or is it just me...

13 posts

Flag Post

I haven’t been able to connect to the chat all day… It was supposed to have been back up according to a post about 6 hours ago.
I am assuming that the chat not connecting is also the reason that my light won’t turn green (thus not allowing me to collect achievements)
I’m a little bummed out because it’s been almost a year since I’ve done anything on Kong, and now it’s not working for me lol.

Help on getting it to connect would be much appreciated!

Flag Post

Have you refreshed? You need to refresh.

But yep, chat is up for me.

Flag Post

Refresh every time I start a game?
On any game I try it doesn’t work ):

I think it may be something with my network though, because it doesn’t work on any computer in my house
I have 2 vista and 1 XP, I’m using Firefox (vista) and the other two are running IE7. They are all hardwired into a switch, which in turn goes into a broadband modem

Flag Post

are you having problems with connecting or is that chat not even loading?

Flag Post

I go to a game page, and then the chat window pops up, and it says ‘connection failed, could not connect to kongregate chat server. attempting to reconnect…’

Flag Post

Your modem could just be getting old. They start to get slow and stop working after a while.

Flag Post

Alrighty then… I guess I will look into getting a new modem, mine is rather old. :/

Any other possible solutions would be much appreciated!

Flag Post

Can you tell us if you’ve recently done anything out of the ordinary lately, such as installing a new Flash player?

Flag Post

Nope… nothing I would consider unusual.

Flag Post

Are you positive port 5222 is open? Maybe something weird made it mess up =O.

Flag Post

HA! Thank you very much. It wasn’t the port being closed per se, just the firewall on the router being up too high. Working now.

Thanks to all who helped!

Flag Post

Hmm.. well I can chat.. but that light won’t turn green now >:I

Flag Post

Strike that! Just took a while I guess. Thanks again!