Lag

21 posts

Flag Post

Almost all games what i play on kongregate are very laggy, and that makes them almost impossible to play. Example: in Dragon boy here comes lag (takes 10-20 seconds) when i kill/sell/buy/eat. I use windows internet explorer and i have newest flash.

Flag Post

What version of Internet Explorer do you have? Is this the same in other browsers?

Flag Post

Lag is an unavodiable problem in games…

You can reduce it by using a decent browser or having less programs running.

Flag Post

What are your computer specifications? (memory, processor speed, graphics card)
What version of IE are you using?
What version of flahsplayer are you using ? (not just “The Newest”, you should give us the version number)

Untill we get more information I would say you should clear your chase, scan for viruses, try it in an other browser, reinstall flash and make sure you don’t have lots of programs running at the same time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

What version of flahsplayer are you using ? (not just “The Newest”, you should give us the version number)

Untill we get more information I would say you should clear your chase, scan for viruses, try it in an other browser, reinstall flash and make sure you don’t have lots of programs running at the same time.

i have flashplayer 10.0.42.34 (installed three days ago)
I think my IE version is 8
I don’t know about computer specifications.
and i scanned my computer. No viruses.

Flag Post

IE is only up to 8…
And what did you scan your computer with.

If anyone has any other lag reducing tips, I’d like to see them!

Flag Post

OS = Operating System. Are you on Windows? Something else?

There are a lot of things that can cause lag. A lot of other processes running, browser up for a long time, computer up for a long time, other flash games running, virusses, spyware, CPU-hogging processes (like an active virus scan, a new game, etc).

Flag Post

i’m on windows. (i have IE verion 8, remembered wrong)

Flag Post

Firefox/Chrome. NOW!

Flag Post
Originally posted by voya:

Windows what? – XP, Vista, 7?

Flag Post

I dont get how to make forum xD Wierd ;>

Flag Post

Try to see if it also lags in other browsers, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

Originally posted by Caputche:

I dont get how to make forum xD Wierd ;>

If you mean topic, on each forum page there is a ‘new topic’ link under the amount of topics/posts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

i have flashplayer 10.0.42.34 (installed three days ago)

I think my IE version is 8

I don’t know about computer specifications.

and i scanned my computer. No viruses.

first you could try an other browser (firefox can be downloaded Here")
If it still lags, try to find a laggy game, press Controll alt del, and tell us what the memory usage an CPU usage is. also tell us what part of this is consumed by your browser (look in processes. internet explorer is marked as “Iexplorer.exe” Firefox is marked as “Firefox.exe”)
you should also right-click on the “my computer” icon. Tell us the amount of RAM memory and the processor.

Flag Post

I tried with firefox….. still same problem. i think my memory usage is 1213m/3934m.

Flag Post

Bad Internet connection or to many programs on at the same time. OR this; is it too laggy? Right click, go to settings, go to the ammount of data thing and go to unlimited.

Flag Post

Bad Internet connection

A bad internet connection won’t affect lag (unless it is a multiplayer game)…

Flag Post

I tried with firefox….. still same problem. i think my memory usage is 1213m/3934m.

and how about processor usage?

Flag Post

Try downloading Chrome, its supposedly the fastest and its what I use. If it still lags download a program called TuneUp Utilities 2010. Install it and everything, load it up, and on the bottom right, right click its little icon. click configure turbo mode, set it to how you want it, then turn it on again. (turn it off the same way). If that dont work theres a couple more things I could find for you. So think about a reply.

Flag Post

Tass Tips – Reducing Lag

Flag Post

When I play Dragon boy on kongregate its super laggy but when I play it on armor games its not laggy at all…

Flag Post

I’ve noticed the same problem with The Last Stand – Union City. On Kongregate, I get flash pop-ups telling me that there are scripts slowing the movie down. Just selecting “take all” when there is only one item can cause a freeze of a few seconds (which triggers the pop-up). Play on other sites (e.g. Armor Games) and the problem is significantly reduced – maybe a freeze of 1s. I’ve tested it with other games and noticed similar problems.

As this is in the same session, it has to be something to do with Kongregate itself. I strongly suspect it’s something to do with the Facebook link, as I never noticed any problem prior to this.