Timing in the new Amberial

5 posts

Flag Post

I played the new amberial about 2-3 weeks ago on my 5-6 year old laptop and was able to get the lightning times with a bit of optimization. They weren’t easy to get, but with proper strategy and flawless performance, I was able to. But now, with the badges, I’ve tried playing the game on my desktop, which is about 1 year old and is an extremely fast machine… and I’ve found that all of my optimized times are almost exactly 50% slower than my times on my laptop. Times of 12 seconds on my laptop and getting the lightning time is resulting in 17-18 second times and no lightning badge. 19-20 seconds on the laptop is turning into 30 on the desktop. And there is no further optimization to be done.

Which leaves me screwed out of being completely unable to do the lightning requirements for even the medium Amberial badge, which otherwise would be a walk in the park.

And I’m willing to bet I won’t be the only one with this kind of an issue.

Flag Post

This is probably an issue to take up with the dev having to do with time being measured by clock instead of by frames.

In the meantime, try playing while running SuperPi in the background. :P

Flag Post

Doesn’t matter to me anymore… got all the badges on my laptop. But it could easily have an impact on others.

Flag Post

After playing, I’m thinking about finding an older computer. I can’t get the lightning finish on 10 and 13. Too bad I’m already playing on a 3 year old A64 3500+.

Flag Post

You can always transfer the Flash save file from computer to another computer… :P I do not tell you more.