The chat is slowing down my browser

11 posts

Flag Post

The chat next to the games, slow the games down a lot for me. I especially notice this on Dolphin Olympics. The framerate is consistently low, when playing it on kongregate, and at times there is a huge lag in the game, when something appears in the chat!

Flag Post

A) Tech support forum.
B) Update flash player.

Flag Post

It is up to date.

Flag Post

Get a better computer and/or mute chat.

Flag Post

Or, kongregate, fix your chat application!

Flag Post

get more RAM

Flag Post

warsoldier94, like in the other threat where you answered the same thing, it has absolutely nothing to do with ram.

Flag Post

Get a better computer and/or mute chat.

Nabb said it. I don’t think there is anything much more to do.

Flag Post

“Get a better computer and/or mute chat.”

Now, I have experience this lag on many computers, so I doubt it has anything to do with my computer. People who don’t notice it, are most likely also experiencing it, but just not paying attention to it or don’t know that the chat is the reason.

A site is for it’s users, and the site should try to accommodate the users, and not the other way around with users accommodating the site. So an answer like “Get a better computer and/or mute chat.” is just invalid and I don’t think it’s the opinion of kongregate either.

Flag Post

It’s fairly common knowledge that if your game lags a little when something appears in chat, you should mute it if you’re attempting something that a half-second of lag could cause you to fail with.

So, what do you think the majority of users would prefer, more premium games, API support for new games, and a better forum system hint hint, or a lot of time to spent on reprogramming the chat to be slightly more optimized?

Flag Post

Since it’s an online gaming site, the absolute first priority for me is the games, and therefor anything affecting the games performance is naturally just as important.

Anyway, the worst lag seems to have gotten better, since it happend when the chat was loading. Before the new servers were up, the chat would take long to load, and this would happend in the middle of a game, so it’s not bad anymore.