Weird forum glitch...

5 posts

Flag Post

Whenever I go to a topic in the Serious Discussion forums with multiple pages, I always start out a few days behind the actual last page. I solve it by going back a page or two and then the real last page comes up. I have no clue why this happens.

Also, the posts say they were posted much closer to now than they are. For instance, a post I made was said to have been posted a few seconds ago when it was over a page behind the real most recent post.

Flag Post

My guess would be your ISP is routing you through a proxy that is caching data.

Flag Post

Meaning?

And the glitch is still going on. The “most recent post” in tech support was Emily Greer posting “38 minutes ago”

Flag Post

Some ISP’s, to reduce load on their network, cache pages on a proxy server when they are accessed. When they are accessed again later, they send the page from the proxy’s cache rather than actually connecting to the server to fetch it.

Most of the time they respect No-Cache and Expires: headers, but either your ISPs proxy is ignoring those or these pages don’t actually have them. If Kongregate does have the appropriate headers, and your ISPs proxy is still caching them, the only thing you can really do is complain to your ISP.

Flag Post

The weird thing is the glitch only happens on one computer, and only some of the time. It is working now, but it wasn’t earlier today.