MY COMPUTER IS DIEING HELP

11 posts

Flag Post

because i recently changed its moniter settings from 60 hrts to 85 hrts and 2 full weeks past and it switched back to 60 hrts and its has less programs on it then when i got it and its virtual memory is almost full how do i get the virtual memory almost empty again???

Flag Post

Virtual memory as in hard drive space or something else?

Flag Post

i dont know my computer will randomly say virtual memory is low

Flag Post

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2089076,00.asp

Flag Post

ok so i went there and it doesnt explain what your oking to so how do i know its not turning off the warning bubble and not fixing the problem

Flag Post

In Windows Explorer, right-click the drive icon and choose Properties. If the amount of free space is under about 10 percent, you’ll need to free up some space. You can use the Disk Cleanup button right next to the free space indicator, or manually move some files to off-line storage, or uninstall unnecessary applications—whatever it takes to get more free space.

Do that. If you have more than 10% free space, then do the next thing it says.

Flag Post

If low drive space isn’t the problem, the virtual-memory settings may be wrong. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Click the Settings button in the Performance panel. Click the Advanced tab in the Performance dialog. Click the Change button in the Virtual memory panel. Whew! This setting is buried quite thoroughly! Look for the System managed size option, select it if it isn’t already selected, and then click *bold*OK, OK, OK.bold That should end the warnings.

why couldnt they just use normal forum coding [b] bold [/b] to get bold

Flag Post

because that’s not how formatting works on this forum, [b] bold [/b] is BBcode, and this forum uses Textile. I think they used it because it made it easier to integrate the forums into the main site, rather than having an external link. Or something like that.

It’s really pretty easy to work out if you look at the formatting help to the right of the text box.

Flag Post

i see bold italics

how does taht help because all i get is a randomly bold bold

:/

Flag Post

… you can put the asterisks around any word

see?

Flag Post

h i get it now i thought was like the bq. for quotes