No Achievements for me xD

22 posts

Flag Post

Each time I complete an achievement, it does not register that I made the achievement, this has happened to me through out 4 games at minimum…. that is one reason why i only have 17 pts xD (15 from joinin, 2 from voting)…. please help me resolve this

Flag Post

Make sure that the light above the chat/name roster is green if its not something (most likely a firewall) is blocking it. You can go here to see what the current chat host is…(chat allows you to talk/earn badges through the small chat window next to your game)

You can also go to the Tech Support forum and see how others dealt with their problem.

Flag Post

next time post site problems in the tech support forum. Try this

Chat

What port number does the Kongregate chat use?

Port 5222 and 5229 on of1.kongregate.com

Open those ports on your firewall. If that doesn’t fix the problem take screenshots and send them to feedBack@kongregate.com to get the badges.

Flag Post

i dont have a firewall…., what else could it be…. the light is red… so somthing is messing it up… but i have no firewall on my computer

Flag Post

EVERY computer has a firewall…

Go to “Control Panel” > Security Center > Windows Firewall > a new window should pop up…click on the top tab labeled “Exceptions” then “Add Port” and type in the appropriate numbers and names chitown15 left above and you should be able to earn achievements.

Flag Post

mine does not… i removed them.

Flag Post

Well, that’s a pretty silly idea.

Seriously, being on the internet without a firewall is like swimming in a shark pool with a cut finger.

Flag Post

aye it is…. but i welcome hackers :P cuz ima hacker as well and i hack back…. viruses i can deal with my own too…. firewalls just get in the way and are annoying…. anyways… i did as razor and chitown said…… even though the true wall is gone… and it still doesnt work xD

Flag Post

Um…. /r ban on wolf

Flag Post

ban?? why?

Flag Post

…I seriously doubt that.

If you were competent enough to do even basic script-kiddying, you wouldn’t be posting here asking for help fixing a simple connection issue.

Flag Post

aye, very true, but i dont feel like having to go through the scripting to figure this out,… i go through sites like this finding issues with the programming just to bother the moderators about the minor things that they missed

Flag Post

i go through sites like this finding issues with the programming just to bother the moderators about the minor things that they missed

…so you really think the moderators are the ones who did the programming? Not to mention that you think it takes a lot of scripting to diagnose and solve a connection problem…have you even tried a trace? Adjusted the route? Anything?

No. You are not a “1337 H4XX0R”. You don’t know how to figure out how the code behind this site works and what’s wrong with it. If you did, you’d know how to solve this yourself, faster than talking to us and getting us to do it for you.

Flag Post

I’m sure it’s not something the admins missed, if you have a problem connecting to the Kongregate Statistics it’s a problem with your configuration not their system. If you have properly turned off your firewall or allowed the correct ports through at least I’m sure you wouldn’t have this issue.

Flag Post

wheres the fun in finding it myself?….. and all that is not the problem… i know the problem…. and i never said the moderators are the programmers…. but the moderators are also there to watch for bugs in the system.

Flag Post

Fragm3nt.. i have done all that… that is not the issue rofl

Flag Post

…because annoying people on a message board is more fun than delving into your computer?

That makes you either a troll or not-very-computer-literate, by definition.

but the moderators are also there to watch for bugs in the system.

The mods are there to moderate. Ban spammers and stuff like that. Not watch for bugs (at least, no more than a normal user should).

And if you know the problem, fix it. The problem is on your end.

No self-respecting techie lets a known flaw in their machine go unfixed.

Flag Post

The only other thing I can think of that hasn’t been mentioned is to clear your cache.

Flag Post

Well the issue shouldn’t be attributed to Kongregate especially due to the fact that only a small percentage of people have ever had a problem connecting to the chat and most of those have been resolved through a firewall problem.

I suggest upgrading your flash player, or clearing your cache.

Also please don’t sound so elitist with the comments, it’s difficult for us to solve your issue especially when we cannot actually see the problem due to it being only on your machine. Moderators aren’t the ones who change coding problems with the site, that is attributed to the Kongregate team.

Flag Post

I have to concur with Jabor. He pretty much covered everything I was going to say.

Flag Post

No self-respecting techie lets a known flaw in their machine go unfixed.

powerful statement! cause it’s so true

Techy-theatre geek right here.

Flag Post

There is still one more thing to do: Check if your modem is protected with firewall. If it is, switch the port to another port without firewall.