Suddenly can't rate games

159 posts

Flag Post

I was going through my usual check out the new games uploaded today routine when I suddenly found that I am unable to rate or change my rating on any games. Anyone encountered this before and have any suggestions?

Flag Post

dito.

clicking on a star do nothing. clicking again scrolls to the top of the site.

Flag Post

Yeah its been happening to me as well, but I think some other people are able to rate though because the number of ratings still increase. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Flag Post

I´m having the same problem, both on Firefox and IE.

Flag Post

now it works for me great. i can rate the games again :)

edit 10 minutes later doesn’t work anymore.

Flag Post

I can’t rate on any game before 10 mins. :(

Flag Post

Me too, omg >.<

On FF 3.0.1 and IE

Can someone from Kongregate staff explain this? :)

Flag Post

For me I could rate games but it will always count as a 1 star it was like Thank you for your submission of a 5 star (submission changed from 2.98 to 2.97)

Flag Post

Hi :D

So, some people have taken to using scripts to rate tons of games over the past day or so for whatever reason, so we decided to push forward some of our plans we had for preventing that. We just tossed in a little thing last night which wasn’t fully fleshed out, so it’s not providing info on what’s happening on the page. Currently, you’re limited to rating 30 games per day. We’ll work on getting the page updating correctly to reflect this ASAP.

In the meanwhile, everyone who’s rating games with a script is getting at least a week long ban and the points they’ve gained, rounded up a bit, removed.

Flag Post

wow. that’s harsh.

Flag Post

what if there are more than 30 new games per day?

So the “protection” doesn’t detect if you rate manually or if it is a script, i just block all user, who rate to much?

Flag Post

Well, I didn´t rate any games today, and still can´t rate.

Also, it´s a very bad protection. Sometimes, there´s more than 30 new games each day, and you can also play more.

Wouldn´t it be better to do some captcha AFTER 30 games, instead of blocking people who play and rate legitimatelly?

Flag Post

I’d have to agree, since I’m sorta on holiday but at home now I wanted to spend a few hours daily mainly trying and rating some older games, I was barely able to rate a few with all the new releases… well, this certainly puts a bump in my plans.

Flag Post

Guys, you have to realize this is the first step. Give them a chance to work on this and flesh it out. Blame the auto-raters.

Flag Post

i don’t blame the kongstaff.

i just don’t want get banned cause of a bug in the protection-script.

Flag Post

Don’t worry, we can tell the difference between someone trying to rate their 31st or 35th game and someone attempting to rate 3500.

Flag Post

I don’t use bots, scripts, that’s not fair! =’(

Well I hate that Jayisgames and Mden are getting high-score on the leaderboard for referrals =|

Flag Post

Man, that’s harsh.

I actually had a feeling there was a limit put on me when I stopped being able to vote… Stupid bot.. people. >_>

Flag Post

We should also stress that the reason this was implemented so quickly is that those scripts were causing massive problems for the site, which ruined everyone’s experience on the site by lagging it.

We had to do something quickly, this is the solution for now, but we’ll definitely be open to other ideas. Also remember that we can’t do anything too elaborate that would require a lot of development time.

Flag Post

Don’t worry, we can tell the difference between someone trying to rate their 31st or 35th game and someone attempting to rate 3500.

35 – 3500 rates… per day or lifetime?

i DO rated a lot of games. I’ve something to worry about.
Like… can i continue rating the new games?

Flag Post

How about raising the limit? To, say, 50 or 60 games?

Flag Post

I would definitely make the limit higher than 30. For some of us that have most or all of the badges and don’t have a website that garners 1000’s of referrals a day the only way for us to advance in level is to get points from rating games. Sometimes I sit here for a few hours and rate games. Most that are stolen or are simply terrible only take a few moments for me to click the 1 or 2 star rating before I move on. It’s very easy for me to rate upwards of 50 to 100 games a day legitimately. Please raise the limit to 50 or 100 a day or something. Or perhaps if you only want to allow 10 ratings at a time. Limit it to an hourly thing, not daily if possible.

Thanks for the quick reply from those that know what’s been going on as well.

Flag Post

This is quite a shame. I’ve rated 600 games in one day without a script. I was planning to get the ratings out of the way early, so I could enjoy the games more consistently, but it looks like this is going to be a hassle now. In my opinion, it’s not worth trying to beat the scripts. They’re popular enough so that people are using them to beat the games anyway. Ratings are part of getting points. It’s a necessary thing.

Flag Post

I know what you mean. I would appreciate it if the limit was raised higher, to say, 50 as suggested by some people in chat and by me personally :)

Flag Post

Eyedol, I’m in complete agreement with you. I’ve ascended the levels just by getting badges and rating games. While I’ve had a few friends sign up that’s just a tiny amount of my overall points.