Lost all game progress

65 posts

Flag Post

I just returned to your site after being away for only about an hour and this time when I went to the games I play here all of my progress wasn’t to be seen. My only option was start a new game. Both of the games I took a look at were Kingdom Rush and Elephant Quest

Flag Post

Save games and game progress on Kongregate are stored as Flash cookies (.sol files) on your computer. If you have lost your progress in a game, it may be because you are playing on a different machine, or because you have deleted your cookies and temporary internet files. You may also want to doublecheck that your browser is not set to automatically clear your cookies. This tends to happen after recently upgrading to a new browser.

If you’re having trouble with saves, this list might help:
1. Don’t clear your cookies or history
2. Make sure the Flash Storage Settings say “Unlimited”
3. Make sure “private browsing” is OFF
4. Make sure “clear browser history on exit” is OFF
5. Make sure “block sites from setting any data” is OFF (for Chrome users)
6. Don’t run a program that deletes stuff, like CCleaner or Better Privacy

If you are playing on a different machine, then you should be able to transfer your saved game from another computer. Here’s a nice tutorial on how to find a saved game:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3/topics/12269

If you are having trouble getting a game to save your progress, you may need to tell your computer to allow more space for the game to use on your hard drive. You can adjust your settings by right clicking (control+click on Macs) in the game window, going to “Settings”, then “Storage” (it should show a little file folder). I would recommend that you slide the bar over to 10MB, but even 1 MB should be sufficient for the games on Kongregate.

Here is a bit more information, located here: http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#savesmissing

Flag Post

I got the same issue with multiple games. I’ve been on Kong for some time; this is a relatively new problem. I use chrome, did a search in cookies and found 29 cookies under kongregate.com, a.kongregate.com, ukkongregate.com, www.kongnet.net, etc… I’m not quite sure what it could be.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Athiu:

I got the same issue with multiple games. I’ve been on Kong for some time; this is a relatively new problem. I use chrome, did a search in cookies and found 29 cookies under kongregate.com, a.kongregate.com, ukkongregate.com, www.kongnet.net, etc… I’m not quite sure what it could be.

dunno what does are
its usually in the chat.kongregate.com folder
C:\Users\“your username here”\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\“random numbers and letters”
thats win7

Flag Post

I’ve done everything on ZShadows checklist and I’m still losing saved games. It started happening about 3-4 weeks ago and its even happening on games that I’ve played for months without any issue. I haven’t changed anything on my computer setup. (XP with FF 9.0.1) It’s annoying because I’ve lost saved progress in a lot of games.

Flag Post

Sorry and Flash 11.1.102.55

Flag Post
Originally posted by ratfink1:

I’ve done everything on ZShadows checklist and I’m still losing saved games. It started happening about 3-4 weeks ago and its even happening on games that I’ve played for months without any issue. I haven’t changed anything on my computer setup. (XP with FF 9.0.1) It’s annoying because I’ve lost saved progress in a lot of games.

Not sure if it helps, but does upgrading to the latest version of Firefox make any different in keeping your saves?

Does this only happen when you shut down your computer?

Flag Post

I’ll update and let you know.

Yes it seems to be happening only after the computer is shut down for the night. We’re also running MS Security Essentials.

Flag Post

Sorry and Flash 11.1.102.55

I’ve done everything on ZShadows checklist and I’m still losing saved games. (XP with FF 9.0.1)

FF is currently at ver. 11 (beta 5) on this site and you can also get an updated flash from here.

remember to get the right one.
happy gaming :)

Flag Post

Ok updated FF and the problem is still happening.

Oddly enough, it only seems to happen when the computer is shut down for the night and started the next morning. It doesn’t happen if the computer is just restarted.

So I’m wondering if there might be a timed service or something that could be wiping the saved files every night?

Flag Post

I should also add that I’m running NoScript and Adblock+. I’ve got Adblock disabled on Kong and the various Kong domains approved in NoScript but could either of these be causing the problem?

Flag Post

I should also add that I’m running NoScript and Adblock+. I’ve got Adblock disabled on Kong and the various Kong domains approved in NoScript but could either of these be causing the problem?

Doubtful if both have been running for longer than the problem, but easy to check.

Temporarily disable both completely, play, save, close browser down, restart (or power off for a short while)
Come back and see if save game still there.

If save games still gone re-enable both.

If save games still there, re-enable one and repeat. (re-enable the second if saves still there on 2nd restart).

Flag Post

Tried it, games are still gone. I’ve also tried Chrome and I’m losing my save files with it too. I’m at a loss.

Flag Post

You’re on a home computer, right? Not a computer that would clear guest data/files upon shutting down?

Flag Post

Yes a home computer.

Flash is telling me that there is no data stored under chat.kongregate.com. It has data stored for other flash applications such as gmail, etc., but for some reason my kong data is getting wiped.

Flag Post

When you right click the game screen, and select “global settings” and then “storage”, is it set to unlimited?

Flag Post

Yes, it’s set to unlimited. I’ve also set the local storage permissions to automatically accept storage requests from kongregate.com and chat.kongregate.com

Flag Post

What happens is somehow the flash storage settings get reset from unlimited to 100kb and deletes all the saved data. I don’t know how many times I’ve lost my data while trying to complete Raze 2. My computer may get shut down once a month. However, I’ve seen the data get reset when I close and reopen Firefox, as well as, just leaving Kongregate and coming back later during the same browser session.

Firefox 10.0
Flash 11.1.102.55
AVG Business Edition 2012 Antivirus

Flag Post

It’s not happening with any other flash data, just kongregate. I wonder if Kong changed something in early Jan because that’s when it started to happen. Before then I only ever lost flash data when I ran CC after forgetting to exclude Flash.

Flag Post

It’s not happening with any other flash data, just kongregate. I wonder if Kong changed something in early Jan because that’s when it started to happen. Before then I only ever lost flash data when I ran CC after forgetting to exclude Flash.

Hmm… that’s pretty weird. So it definitely has something to do with you shutting down your computer, though. The only thing I can think that causes this is that there’s a setting somewhere (either on your browser or on your computer) to remove your Local files.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Hmm… that’s pretty weird. So it definitely has something to do with you shutting down your computer, though. The only thing I can think that causes this is that there’s a setting somewhere (either on your browser or on your computer) to remove your Local files.

That would make sense if it wasn’t occurring to multiple people. I agree with ratfink1 in that something changed in around early January that has caused this problem.

I haven’t checked to see if my info is there before I visit the site again or not, but I will test that theory and let you know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

I thought it might be that, but it’s happening in Chrome and FF, and although it seems to happen when the computer has been shut down, I’ve actually been able to replicate the problem by leaving my browser closed for an hour and then re-opening it. Neither Chrome or FF is set to delete local files on close.

I suspected MS Security Essentials, but like I said it only seems to be the Kong files that are affected. It could be that MSSE has flagged Kong as a security risk, but I don’t see any indication that this is the case.

Flag Post

I save all my progress on a another laptop. i saw that you could play it on a another computer so i made an account. I go on the other account,sign in, and find out that all my progress have gone.

Flag Post

Found this thread because I am having exactly the same problem. Losing saves on multiple games after playing for years here, no changes on my end. FIX this, or lose a lot of players!

Flag Post

They Should tell us that we need to keep all Cookies not to lose the game progress … !