400 Bad Request Errors

23 posts

Flag Post

Lately, I’ve been getting a string of these errors when trying to play games (especially my own games) on Kongregate. I’m in the process of going through my computer to see if the issue is in mine or if it is with the site. I have one other confirmed report of a friend having this error too. Is anyone else having this issue and is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: I’m running Chrome and seems to now just be my computer (had some other friends check). When I restarted Chrome, the error went away, but I’m still wondering what happened…

Flag Post

Try clearing your recent cookies/cache (one hour back should work) and see if that helps. Restart your browser, and maybe your computer.

Flag Post

I have the same problem, but I lost my save files last time I cleared my cookies (I guess?), which made me soooo angry, especially after the many many many hours of Mardek I’ve played… I also tried removing kongregate_session cookie, but the problem remains for 2 days already. Already restarted computer and browser some times, still no good.

I think what caused this was casting too many votes for ninjadoodle games, since I played a lot of them in a row and only their games (which I have NOT yet played, I might add) are getting this error.

I’m also using Chrome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by charrrlie:

I have the same problem, but I lost my save files last time I cleared my cookies (I guess?), which made me soooo angry, especially after the many many many hours of Mardek I’ve played… I also tried removing kongregate_session cookie, but the problem remains for 2 days already. Already restarted computer and browser some times, still no good.

I think what caused this was casting too many votes for ninjadoodle games, since I played a lot of them in a row and only their games (which I have NOT yet played, I might add) are getting this error.

I’m also using Chrome.

Clearing your cache didn’t work?

Flag Post

It didn’t. Just tried again to be sure, still no good.

Flag Post

Strange… Is it doing this for all games, or just certain ones?

Flag Post

(Sorry for the late reply, I went on a short trip)

It’s only happening with games from ninjadoodle I still haven’t played. I’ve just checked again and I’m still getting the same problem.

I could clear ALL cookies—and not just kongregate_session—, but last time I did this I lost all my save files, so I don’t think I’ll try that…

Flag Post

I frequently get the issue where I get 400 errors, and it’s always from rating too many games from the same developer in too short of a time period (I rate a bunch, and then it gives me the error once I try to access more). The solution that’s always worked for me is to just clear my session cookies using Web Developer, because it has a convenient right-click menu with tools that I like. It’s session cookies, not cache that are the problem, still not sure why. And don’t worry, you shouldn’t lose save data, I never have.

Flag Post

Actually, games I’ve played before aren’t loading anymore. Well, I can live without playing ninjadoodle games… it’s better than risking losing it all again (I lost everything once clearing cookies, cache etc… maybe it was something else and not cookies?)

Flag Post

It’s possible. Clearing an hour back on cookies shouldn’t hurt though.

Flag Post

I don’t know if it didn’t hurt it, but it didn’t solve the problem. And now I realized I can’t even open Ninjadoodle’s game list (“see all games”)… same 400 Bad request problem

Flag Post

Hmm… Do you have another computer in the same household that you can test this on?

Flag Post

Don’t need to. It works with IE and Firefox, but not Chrome (the one I use the most and also the one I used to vote many of ninjadoodle’s games).

Flag Post

Ah, well that helps narrow it down! So it sounds like an issue with Chrome then… hmm. Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?

Flag Post

No, but I’m guessing it’s way too much trouble just to play 2 or 3 games I probably won’t love…

Flag Post

Fair enough. :) If it starts happening with other games though, let us know.

Flag Post

Will do! By the way, I found out I’m using Chrome’s latest beta release. I hope it’s just a temporary problem =) I’ll tell you if/when it’s solved.

Flag Post

I have also been getting these recently (page doesn’t load, 400 Bad Request). Twice in a week, both times trying to load up “badge of the day” games. The vast majority of games/pages do not have this problem, just a select few. For the affected games, no matter how many times I reload, the HTTP 400 error persists, but there is no problem if I switch browser (e.g. Firefox).

Then I found a pattern:

The two games with the problem were Crush the Castle and Phage Wars 2, both by Armor Games. In fact, all the games by Armor Games gave me the same issue.

On one of the misbehaving pages, I inspected the cookies (right-click anywhere > Inspect element > Resources > Cookies), and saw 11 ArmorGames-specific session cookies (all start with “%7B%22user_vars_sig%22…”). I deleted them, and now have no problems. I would have liked to find out what was wrong in those cookies, but too late now.

Flag Post

UPDATE: Just found a consistent way to reproduce the problem. Go to any developer’s page (e.g. Armor Games), and load up any 10 games (doesn’t have to be at the same time). Each one will add a session cookie. By the time you reach the 10th one, you will have 10 cookies, and no games by that developer will load anymore. Not even the previous 9 will work.

I also tried did this with NinjaDoodle (which charrrlie reported), and the same thing happened. So this could affect all developers!

Flag Post

Thanks zAlbee. I’ll run this by the developers to see if it’s something we can fix.

Flag Post

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but this is still an issue.

I’ve just had exactly the same problem (with the badge of the day as well) and I’ve deleted 9 Armor Games cookies and the site works again.

Flag Post

To Hell with anyone that complains about bringing up dead threads, this is STILL an issue….
Does anyone have an idea why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ScruffytheJanitr:

To Hell with anyone that complains about bringing up dead threads, this is STILL an issue….
Does anyone have an idea why?

The solution has already been posted in this thread, along with multiple others. My post from this thread still applies, and it still works as a solution.