Lost Save Games

28 posts

Flag Post

Before I say anything else, I just want to say that I have read the Technical Support F.A.Q. and checked everything that the save games section said. I don’t have Chrome set to delete cookies or history or anything of the sort…

That being said, I seem to have a problem where I regularly (not sure how regularly, maybe once a day?) lose all of my progress on every single Kongregate game I have ever played. Since this includes some very long games like Mardek RPG, I was wondering how to fix this and, if at all possible, retrieve my save game data.

Flag Post

Right click within the game window. Go to settings, click the folder and set storage to unlimited.

Your save data is gone.

Flag Post

FTR, this has been happening to me too. I play in IE 9.

Flag Post

@adv0catus, I had it set to unlimited from the beginning. And yes, I figured it would be gone permanently, I just want to know what I can do to not lose my data again that isn’t one of the super-obvious suggestions in the FAQ, since I tried those already and they didn’t work. I play in Chrome, if that’s any help.

Flag Post

Because this happens about once a day, it sounds like something is deleting your cookies. Now I know you read the FAQ, but do you have any add-ons for Chrome? Nothing that may be automatically deleting your cookies?

Flag Post

My only Chrome extensions are Evernote and HerpDerp (turns YouTube comments into random herps and derps), I don’t think anything like that would be automatically deleting my cookies. It does seem that only .sol files last modified within the past 24 hours still exist, but I have no idea what could be deleting my cookies regularly like this.

Flag Post

Do you close your browser or shut down your computer every day?

Flag Post

No. Most of the time I just close whatever tab I’m playing games in, but that’s it.

EDIT: Hm… I was looking through my sharedobjects folder, and there are still a couple .sol files from two days ago (Mardek 3). The more I look and think about it, I’m not entirely sure how regular it is… But I also haven’t played games since then.

SECOND EDIT: Turns out my Snakes on a Cartesian Plane progress from the other day (after having been erased twice…) is still intact. I’m not sure what I did, but I’ll be doing a little more digging to see if the problem is actually fixed.

Flag Post

For the past few months, all my save games are gone. I have checked all of my flash settings. www.kongregate.com is in all of my allow lists. I have all storage set to unlimited. I have cookies allowed. I do not have Chrome nor Firefox set to clear on close. I don’t even have to close a tab. I refresh the page and my save games are lost. I have not changed antivirus settings, browser settings, nor flash settings. Now I can get 2 hours into a game, and boom it’s all gone. Please help. I have been through the FAQ’s. I have been through the Flash Player tools on the adobe website. I am getting nowhere, and I would like to be able to come back to a game every once in a while.

Flag Post
Originally posted by manhammmer:

For the past few months, all my save games are gone. I have checked all of my flash settings. www.kongregate.com is in all of my allow lists. I have all storage set to unlimited. I have cookies allowed. I do not have Chrome nor Firefox set to clear on close. I don’t even have to close a tab. I refresh the page and my save games are lost. I have not changed antivirus settings, browser settings, nor flash settings. Now I can get 2 hours into a game, and boom it’s all gone. Please help. I have been through the FAQ’s. I have been through the Flash Player tools on the adobe website. I am getting nowhere, and I would like to be able to come back to a game every once in a while.

Any add-ons? Do you remember any changes to your computer system that may have triggered this loss of save files?

Flag Post

I’ve been noticing the same thing, I wonder if there were any updates to firefox that are clearing out cookies. None of my extensions are doing it automatically. With that being said, I would absolutely love to see a kong app of some sort that will save cookie files in a secure location. With the big three browsers all moving towards private browsing, save game issues are only going to get worse.

Flag Post

The only extensions I have in Chrome are :

avast! WebRep 6.0.1374
Web Reputation Plugin
ID: icmlaeflemplmjndnaapfdbbnpncnbda
Inspect views: background.html

InvisibleHand 3.7.11
Automatically get the lowest price on whatever you’re buying
ID: lghjfnfolmcikomdjmoiemllfnlmmoko
Inspect views: html/background.html

I still am not able to resume progress – even only pushing refresh.

Flag Post

Try disabling those extensions and see if that changes anything.

Flag Post

As Manhammer failed to mention about the “allow” list. it would be helpful to check the flash player you are using and if it is allowing cookies or data (which are used for save files) to be saved into them. I use Adobe so I dont know how to operate with macromedia or any other flash player.

Flag Post

jeffc713. It is the same flash player. Check this out.

The funny thing is, even using that tool, my settings don’t save. I come back and they are reset to defaults. Is there another way to manage Adobe/Macromedia? They are one in the same as far as I can tell, but I may just be an idiot here.

The only thing I have put in my allow list is www.kongregate.com

Flag Post

Sorry the broken image was supposed to be http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Flag Post

So, I just did some experimenting. I think I may have found the culprit. I started a new Learn 2 Fly 2 game. I grabbed a few easy achievements and medals and saved the game.

I disabled my extensions, refreshed the browser, and it was still there. I close the tab and came back, and it was still there. I closed all tabs and came back, and it was still there.

Then I thought, hmmm. I sometimes don’t want cookies in a session and will browse an incognito window. So, I opened an incognito and surfed the web for a few sites. I then closed my incognito window, and my save game vanished.

Is there a way that you know of that I can have an incognito session only effect itself and not other cookies in other browser windows, or am I just hosed here?

EDIT:

I have browsed for two weeks now without using an incognito window. I still am having issues. My save games are all disappearing. Can somebody please help?

Flag Post

It isn’t problem of:
- your browser
- your OS
- your antivirus
- your plugins or extensions

It’s problem of Adobe Flash. Ole vesion never delete .sol files. Only if you want this, or if you set properly option in Flash Player.
Now Flash delete .sol files when i.e. your broser clear cache (b’coz is overloaded) or if browser clear old cookies.
The olny option is make backup of your .sol files. If you lost your saves (as me :( ) you have to restore .sol files. But it isn’t ‘nice’ way :(

Flag Post

Hey guys.
I had the same problem.
@lovelypl is right : it’s a Flash Player “issue”. It now deletes .sol files.
But I wanna tell one more thing : it deletes the .sol files also if you keep the history, the cookies and the temporary files. No way to keep your saves on Kongregate. Only thing is to backup your saves, but I think doing it 4/5 times a day will be very uncomfortable. I abandoned many games cause to this issue, just playing some easy badge and games that save on servers.

Flag Post

If I revert to an older version of Flash, will the issue go away? Alternatively, how do I back up the .sol files? I’ve lost save data for Mardek, the Papa’s Foodchaineria series and some other games as well (Mardek being the one that is the most annoying for now, since it took a lot of time and effort) and I’d rather backup everytime before I leave a session than have all that effort go to waste. If using an older version of Flash would solve it, does anyone know which version could circumvent the problem?

Flag Post

I can’t see why reverting to an older version of Flash would cause any problems. To back up everything, just backup the chat.kongregate.com because that’s where everything’s stored.

Flag Post

what will delete saved games? clearing cookies, cache, or both?

Flag Post

Cookies will delete saved games, cache is fine.

Flag Post

I played the game Kingdom Rush Frontiers last night and bought 10 kreds a hero. I went out today when I entered the game and gave jammed computer restart. I lost everything, all levels, hero, everything.

Flag Post

duduxxl: if you haven’t cleared your cookies and feel you lost your purchase and progress unnecessarily, email the developers to see if they can help you recover them.