How to export my locally saved game data..

21 posts

Flag Post

…from one machine and import it on another? I can just email the info to myself, but i have no idea where this information is saved.. cookies?

Flag Post

You can find the .sol files (flash save files) at:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Username is the name of your computer account (what you log into your computer as). There should be a folder, click on it, and there should be more folders with different sites. Look for chat.kongregate.com, that’s the one that contains most of the .sol files for Kongregate games.

Click on it, there should be some folders. The game files are in their sub-sub-sub-(and in some cases, more sub) folders. The file name is not always clear, so just select the chat.kongregate.com folder and transfer it to a flash drive and put in in the same area in another computer.

This is transferring all the .sol files, so if you want to find a specific one, you need to figure it out yourself. There is also another folder you can transfer named Kongregate.com, it also contains .sol files, but not as many as chat.kongregate.com.

Also, Application Data is a hidden folder, you need to enable Show Hidden Folders and Files in the Folder Options to see it.

Flag Post

Thanks dude! my you are helpful.

Flag Post

It’s what I do. I find this forum to be sadly lacking. I hate users not being able to fix their comps.

Of course, this hatred of seeing users have malfunctioning computers hurts my computer repair business. I have to stop undercharging. But the problems are so easy to fix. I feel bad taking advantage… I often argue with myself. >_< It’s annoying.

Flag Post

I had to restart all the Amorphous+ awards from scratch because it put them in kongregate.com instead of chat.kongregate.com. I left the save on my dad’s laptop.

Flag Post

i cant find the documents and settings folder in the c drive

Flag Post

You must enable Show Hidden Folders and Files in the Folder Options to see it.

Flag Post

Razzi i gotta test for you, If i want to trasfer the saves from a pc to a mac what do i do??

Flag Post

Copy them from

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
on the PC to

/Users/Short name/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/
on the Mac.

Flag Post

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects. right again.

Flag Post

I have not got a clue about this stuff!

Flag Post

Awesome…!!!

Flag Post

Or you can just type percent signappdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ventero:

Copy them from

C:\Documents and Settings\<span class="caps">USERNAME</span>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

on the PC to

/Users/Short name/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/
on the Mac.

Or you can do what this guy said….

Flag Post

lol, this is a really late post but i think this topic should be revived considering its usefulness. Thanks dude!

Flag Post
Originally posted by gribble:

i cant find the documents and settings folder in the c drive

Your probably running Win 7, here’s where you look:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Letters and Numbers\chat.kongregate.com

Flag Post

this is muchly chillness at its maximal percentage regardless of what others think.
P.S. topic revived?

Flag Post

P.S, it had no need of being revived. One of the most recent Tass Tips (look on youtube) goes into great depth on this.

Flag Post

I don’t have a folder in my preferences titled macromedia. It’s a relatively new mac, any ideas?

Flag Post

I’ve gotten to 109/110 amorphous+ awards TWICE and had to start over. It was the first game I ever played on Kongregate…
I still haven’t gotten all 110. That’s why I want to back up my data, without overwriting by accident.

Flag Post

is it possible to move games data from linux to win ?