Losing saved games....this is getting really annoying. KONG needs to develop their own save game storage for their users or some better system...this happens to way too many people!!!

11 posts

Flag Post

Yes, i have my flash set to unlimited data…Yes, i have chrome set to not delete cookies ever. I also disabled all but the newest flash player plugin in chrome. Yesterday i lost Cursed Treasure Level pack data on my laptop and today i lost Moster’s Den chronicles on my desktop. This has happened to me in a number of games in the last few years. I do use Norton antivirus and I just made changes so that no internet related files will be deleted from there. I cannot find where the shockwave player is storing the saved games…..using windows XP.

Flag Post

Chrome’s Flash Player should save data in a folder looking like “[…]AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\ User Data\PepperData\Shockwave Flash[…]”. Before accessing it, make sure that your windows explorer is set to show hidden files. To do so, go to “tools” on top of the explorer window and click “folder options” in the dropdown menu. When the folder options menu loaded, click the “view” tab which will show a list of settings. Scroll down this list and check “show hidden files and folders” in the “hidden files and folders” section. When this is done, go to your main drive on windows explorer. Then, go to “users”. From here, go to the folder with your computer account name. Then, go to the “AppData” folder. Click the “local” folder. From here, go to Google (It should be on the bottom of the list) and, from “Google”, go to “Chrome”. When you’re here, enter “user data”. Then, go to “default”. From here, go to “Pepper data” and then “Shockwave Flash”. When you’re here, go to “WritableRoot”. Then, go to “#SharedObjects”. In this folder, you should find a folder with seemingly random letters and numbers. Enter it and go to “chat.kongregate.com”

Flag Post

thanks, been through a lot of this before…can never find the paths u guys refer to… i found the computer’s number name file, but then the trail goes cold…found the path for where the shockwave player is but i can never distinguish the save files…tired and mad that you have to have a master’s degree in computer science to save your stupid games.

Flag Post

Yes, some sol. files are unfortunately saved in gibberish names. If you only recently told the antivirus not to delete game files, you won’t be able to recover old saves. However, you shouldn’t have any problems later on.

Flag Post

I’ve been having this problem a lot too. Could you teach me where to find those .sol files so I can back them up? I use firefox.

Flag Post

The thread is geared towards one specific game (Anti-Idle) but the principle is the same.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/234515-important-backup-your-savefile

Flag Post

Just lost my save for bloons td5, i was level 15 and i had 4 maps cleared… A stupid “Oh no! we lost connection to your account…” keeps popping up… Thanks Kongregate!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by RichardH77:

Just lost my save for bloons td5, i was level 15 and i had 4 maps cleared… A stupid “Oh no! we lost connection to your account…” keeps popping up… Thanks Kongregate!!!

It has nothing to do with Kongregate. The service provider GoDaddy is under attack and has had severely disrupted service.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
The service provider GoDaddy is under attack and has had severely disrupted service.

Ah.
That would explain why I can’t get onto it. Thanks!

Flag Post

It appears to work ok on my home pc now…

Flag Post

Kong can’t develop a save game storage for like 30K games. It’ll just be too big.